Honda Fury Forums: banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
my mechanic says,,first 5000 miles,use honda oil-'gn4' 10w-30.. then you can use synthetic. will break-in better.! im using castrol 10-30 part synthetic. actually shifts smother

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yes,the Fury and the Phantom use the same oil filter.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
It's 4 quarts, or just under from the top of my head... That's about right for full synthetic prices, if you buy the whole 4 quart easy change container from your bike shop, sometimes you can get a deal on it. Just make sure to get the oil WITHOUT Moly in it...
actually it is 3.9 with filter change

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
capacity

Ok, before anyone flames on me I did search but, did not have any luck finding the answer.

How many quarts of oil do I need for an oil change. My local Wal-Mart has Mobil-1 4T Full Synthetic 10w-40 for like $8 a quart. They also cary the Fram filter for like $4 although I might try to find a different brand after reading some of your comments.

Thanks
4qts. with filter change but, only fill with 3.9qts...

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hey guys...tried searching but no luck. Will a regular filter wrench work or do I need a smaller one? I've seen the universal type that fit on the end of the filter instead of around. I'm stateside and want to pick one up while im here. Appreciate it!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hey guys...tried searching but no luck. Will a regular filter wrench work or do I need a smaller one? I've seen the universal type that fit on the end of the filter instead of around. I'm stateside and want to pick one up while im here. Appreciate it!
Normally you can use the rubber wrench used to open large canning jars.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts