Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious about the diff. types of oil to use in our fury motor. I have a buddy that rides a VTX1800 and uses Mobil 1 light truck 5w40 fully synthetic. My question is has anyone done any research on this oil in our bike motor compared to OEM Honda? HIs oil filter is the same as a Honda civic. This would be cheaper for us if we can find out any good info.:cool:

· Registered
2,152 Posts
I was curious about the diff. types of oil to use in our fury motor. I have a buddy that rides a VTX1800 and uses Mobil 1 light truck 5w40 fully synthetic. My question is has anyone done any research on this oil in our bike motor compared to OEM Honda? HIs oil filter is the same as a Honda civic. This would be cheaper for us if we can find out any good info.:cool:
Search the net; there are several Oil-Test sites out there. Mobil-1 Syn is one of the highest rated oils you can buy. Also, you may want to look at a Purolator Pure-One oil filter, part# PL14610.

Cheers

· Registered
2,152 Posts
Will, clueless posted all the filters that will work. Bar Fury dosen't the oil you use have to have the additive for the clutch in it. Can says approved for motorcycles:confused:
Negative, Mental, sales gimmick!; that way we can charge you an extra 2-bucks per quart! Just stay away from the stuff that says "Energy Conserving", characterized by the starburst pattern around the service-ratings emblem, as it contains molybdenum compounds that can, potentially, make your clutch slip. To the best of my knowledge, there is no oil that has a "clutch additive" in it.

Cheers

· Registered
479 Posts
Wow, Chicago-Spike has 42,880 posts on that board. RSS has some work to do.:D
Chicago Spike has been on there since day one I believe.

· Premium Member
1,961 Posts
I made the conversion to Royal Purple Max Cycle 15W40 (I think that's the weight I switched to)

· Premium Member
13,959 Posts
i use the oil and filter recomended by the dealer.it helps at warrenty time if it comes up.i keep paperwork on everything.besides,i dont think the dealer is going to sell something that will harm ther engines.just my 2 cents.

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Honda buys there oil from another company to put there name on it as Yahmalube as well, They do not manufacture there own oil they are not in buisness to do that. But Mobil 1 is so I would like to know what everyone was using. I talked with the service department in Indy Honda shop and the warranty will not void if you use another brand. I was told in studies that honda oil broke down the fastest.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.