Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to do my own oil change, went with synthetic oil and boy was I shocked! 4 quarts of synthetic oil, filter and 2 plug washers came to 66 bucks!

Just wondering, if we can make synthetic oil why can't we make synthetic gas?

Mike

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
did you get those crush washers from the dealership or did you find another source for them?

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
I've always wondered why it is called synthetic if it is made from petroleum products ? You can get the washers at any parts store, just 12mm washer, I rarely change mine tho.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I changed mine before the 600 mile weekend trip. $15 a liter silkolene pro 4 and a $12 mobil 1 filter and reused the washers. She ran like a champ!!

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
I changed mine before the 600 mile weekend trip. $15 a liter silkolene pro 4 and a $12 mobil 1 filter and reused the washers. She ran like a champ!!
i have the hydro lifts but my friend at the honda house would get upset if i did.i got the service pak and its all free for 5 years.go figger

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Mobil 1 is available through Amazon for $7.50/Qt., in 6-Qt. units; FWIW........

Cheers

·
Registered
470 Posts
"Just wondering, if we can make synthetic oil why can't we make synthetic gas? .. 71 dart"

because down here in the dark corner we call it mooooonshine!! and it's just too good to put in car, might be fury worthy, would break that 100 mph barrier:D:eek::D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts