Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is getting Fu#%ing annoying!! When i had the stock air box it was very little oil/white gue coming into the air box through the lower breather hose, the filter pretty much absorbed it. But now that i have a D&M Spike it must build up in the elbow of the intake and eventually seeps out the bottom of the intake where the elbow and the adapter come together. Anybody else have it this bad? Will the pair valve block off plates resolve this? I know the bottom hose is the crankcase breather but the amount of oil coming out is getting old i have taken it apart and cleaned it multiple times and everytime it the inside of the elbow is coated with oil and the hose has oil/"white gue" LOL!! in it which must be from condensation mixing with the oil in the hose. Maybe i will just put a seperate small filter on the hose and see what that does, someone told me it may be from the open style intake which sucks in a larger volume of air which would make more vacuum on the breather hose, hense sucking oil into it???

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
From what I remember, it does this naturally with the stock breather or any breather, but honestly can't remember off of the top of my head, although when I have taken off my filter, I do not see it and I have almost 29k on the bike ... can't remember all the details but I think if you do a search on this, we discussed this before... email clueless as I think he was the one with the info...

Oh, go have a beer too... lol

Sent from my Droid using Motorcycle App

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I havent had any oil come out of mine, stock air box, D&M spike or D2Moto spike. This sounds like a job for Clueless.

What kind of adapter are you using? My breather tube doesnt attach to the adapter and has its own little filter that just sits between the cylinders.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Also, did you put the k&n oil on your filter???? Very important as the filters come with no oil on them..

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
D&M twister spike, L&M intake adapter. Never had so much as a drop anywhere.
Yea, I don't remember seeing this since I took off my stock air box...

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
K&N does not .. i repeat ... does not ship dry filters. If the filter is red its oiled. When cleaned the filter is acutally white.
Yes, absolutely, what he said.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
..............My breather tube doesnt attach to the adapter and has its own little filter that just sits between the cylinders.
I, too, have the little filter hanging between the cylinders, and have not noticed any dripping oil. Before I changed-out the stock air-box and filter, I, too noticed the accumulation of oil and moisture at the bottom of the filter housing. You'll notice that the stock air-box came with a quick-drain plug and a short piece of clear plastic tubing, so you could monitor the accumulation and readily drain it off. ALL crankcase vents "weep" some small amount of water vapor and oil vapor. We used to just let it drip out on the ground, but the EPA says you can't do that anymore.

Bottom line: I wouldn't worry about it, unless you start getting an "excessive" amount of oil blowing-by. My two-bits.............

Cheers

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
D&M twister spike, L&M intake adapter. Never had so much as a drop anywhere.
Same setup here, plus pair valve covers. No sign of oil where it ought not be.

K&N does not .. i repeat ... does not ship dry filters. If the filter is red its oiled. When cleaned the filter is acutally white.
Whew! RSS had me concerned a post back. I thought mine came oiled - had me re-thinking my footsteps.

·
Premium Member
13,704 Posts
that resadue will depend on the moisture in the air and the amount of rain and water you run through.if you dont have the breather tube filter it will show up in the air filter drain tube.if you have the tube filter it will go in the engine and out the exhaust.want hurt anything.just ugly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts