Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to install the right side foward control and I need to get the radiator to move out a bit. Which bolt or bolts is it? The other three that I can find have rubber bushings. Help before I get the torch

·
Registered
68 Posts
???

What type of fwd controls are you installing? Mine mounted to the original spot where the stock controls were mounted.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
DLx and its the plate that the cyl. mounts to the bolts to take it off are directly behind the bolts that hold the stock controls on. They will not come all the way out, because they are hitting the radiator. I just dont see or am overlooking the right lower radiator mounting bolt.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
DLx and its the plate that the cyl. mounts to the bolts to take it off are directly behind the bolts that hold the stock controls on. They will not come all the way out, because they are hitting the radiator. I just dont see or am overlooking the right lower radiator mounting bolt.
If I recall properly, you're dealing with the bolt that holds the old master cylinder? I just kept unscrewing it with a box wrench and wiggled it out of there. Very tight quarters.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The first pic is the bracket that needs to come off it is where the brake lever attaches. The second pic shows the two bolts that hold it on but eill not come out cause the rad. is in the way?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
When I installed my Accutronix controls, that top bolt on the inside adjacent to the radiator never needed to be re-installed. The bottom one was re-installed with a spacer - actually - for my Irate grill to mount properly.

It's a bitch to get that brake off. If you don't want to loosen the radiator mounts to shift it for easier removal of those bolts, then it takes a lot of wiggling those bolts out of there.

In retrospect, I should've cut that top inside bolt once half way out so as to remove it the rest of the way with a little less hassle.

I do remember a lot of sweat getting the old brake off the bike 'cause I did not loosen or move my radiator a drop.

This post may help:
http://www.furyforums.com/forum/fury-diy-area/3675-accutronix-3-forward-controls-installed.html

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Let me go look and get some pics of the bolts you need to take out. I only had to take 2 bolts out of the radiator if I remeber correctly

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
OK here is what I remeber from doing mine.

Take out this bolt.

and take out these two bolts.

and that should give you enough room to push the radiator back and slide them out I believe.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey all I pmd Clueless and he gave me the anwser I was needing for anyone else that has this problem you have to take the 3 bolts holding the rad. in and move it out of the way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts