Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have loved scooters since I was 5 in 1945 when my uncle came home from WWII and took me fer a ride.I went away for a few years when I was into hot cars,hotrods and racing,but,after I got out of the Navy in 62,I built an "Flea"(our term)by welding up a pipe frame,using an 1 cyl B&S,Tecumsa or whatever and an retrived Harley trans and some drive parts.Low center of gravity and rifle rack allowed us to get back on top(dirt bikes were non-exsistant) of these mountains in northern Penna.I also raced them and then as I had started drag racin in the Navy,I pretty much was into it.I worked for a while in Rochester NY and had a neighbor kid who had an AJS that was shot.We rebuilt it and then I got into several street & dirt bikes.When I turned 65,I was convinced by my wife to dump the 5 dirt bikes and keep just my 84 Honda Nighthawk S. I loved that bike as it was lite(2 broken backs makes it hard)and finally last year,sold my pristine "S".Everytime I hear a scooter go by,I cringe....now,I am seriously looking to buy an Rhino for hunting etc and probably a new Fury for the street. Hell,I got a year and 2 weeks before Im 70....so I gotta do it !

·
Premium Member
13,713 Posts
you aint got but a couple years on me and i ride my fury every chance i get.you need to go on down and get itso we all can ride.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts