Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since it's startin to warm up finally and it's almost full-on riding season I just want to toss this out to the east coasters here (or anyone who's cruised in the NY/PA/NJ area).

Anyone cruised NY-97 from Hancock to Port Jervis?
One of the BEST cruising roads I've ever been on (locally)! You follow the river through dense woods and open areas and at times feels like you are right smack dab on the river. Then you wind your way up cliff sides and get beautiful views of the valley below. Tons of fun 'S' turns up and down the cliffs (and I do mean cliffs), beautiful scenery, and excellent road quality. If you've never cruised it, I'd highly recommend making a point of hitting it up this year! 71 miles of some of the funnest cruising you can do in the North east.

I'm only bringin this up because I'm going to try to hit this cruise up this week (kind of like my season opener) and I got to wondering how many people have been on/know about this road? Looks like the weather is going to be awesome all this week (Hooray for NEPA) so hopefully I'll be able to hit it up :cool:

Soooo.... anyone ever rode 97? how'd you like it? any other good secret little routes anyone know about and want to share? Lets hear it! :D

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sounds like a nice road trip. Wanna see pics.

I plan on riding my scoot up to NEPA from VA over Easter and a few days into the following week (gonna visit parents and help with some chores dad just can't do anymore). Im gonna be taking VA 17 to VA 15 up through MD and into PA 15/11 through Gettysburg past the battlefield and up along the Susquehanna river to NEPA, nice roads and great scenery...that's another nice route with some great sights.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll definitely get a lot of pics next time I'm up there!

Just a heads up when your cruising around NEPA - keep an eye out for PA-87 and if you get a chance hit it up! It's one of my favs as well. Be carefull though! these roads around here have been pretty tore up what with all the gas trucks and large truck traffic. there are some serious bike eating pot holes now!

You'll have to post some pics too when you do your NEPA cruise!

Ride safe!

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
That could make for an interestingn day trip... Looks like Port Jervis is about 120 miles from me (1 tank). Could be a fun ride, once the weather warms up. About 380 mile day of riding.

Good warmup for the ride to Indyfest. I'll put it on my to-do list.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Hawks Nest mountain is one hell of a view and a great spot to ride and take awesome photos and its only about 5 minutes out of Port Jervis . So let me know when and I'm there.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thanks to this post I now have to right there. I will be coming from the other direction (North Jersey) but this road looks awesome according to Google maps! Still on the fence about just calling out sick tomorrow and doing this route, as far as time allows.

Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hawks Nest mountain is one hell of a view and a great spot to ride and take awesome photos and its only about 5 minutes out of Port Jervis . So let me know when and I'm there.

Jeeze! I don't know why I never thought of it but this would be awesome to get together and do this for a day cruise for us Nor' east coast fury riders! hancock, ny is only about 70 miles from my house so it makes for a nice day cruise.

So I'm with Billy! Just let me know and I'll be there. And I would love to check out this hawks nest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts