Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently replaced my rear turn signals, but unfortunately could not find a decent bracket for the front without having to make one or modify an existing one...so I turned to a motorcycle catalogue...I came up with a headlight bracket.
But once bought and a temporary fitting I cant make up my mind if they are an eye sore or not.
keep in mind they will have heatshrink and decent cable management once fitted finally...possibly having a tube between the two up against the bolts.

images attached, I would really appreciate your guidance!
:)

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahahahaha!.. Ok bad idea then?

·
Premium Member
2,174 Posts
I wouldn't say bad idea. I think it is personal preference. For me I do not like the cat eye look, but that is just me. Looking at it head on it looks too busy lining up with the handle bars. There probably isn't a way to mount them below the headlight? As far as the tube through the middle to cover the bolts would help with the look. JMO

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
If I have to be honest I would say that its not a good look. I think they would look much better mounted below the forks tree's. What about mounting them below using a fork clamp on the tree. The 45 mm fork clamp was previously hard to find but I think they are around now. If not you can use any fork clamp just grind or file out the middle until it fits your forks. Good Luck!

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Do what i did. cut the stock mount up and install the new LED turns in them. The stock turns are held on by a crimp end into the chrome housing. I took a hacksaw to the part where the 2 meet, and cut it off. Then i went in on the inside of the mount and took a Dremel to remove some of the rubber material so that the new mounting nut can be located. Youll like the results as the LED turns are black, and the mounting brackets are as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do what i did. cut the stock mount up and install the new LED turns in them. The stock turns are held on by a crimp end into the chrome housing. I took a hacksaw to the part where the 2 meet, and cut it off. Then i went in on the inside of the mount and took a Dremel to remove some of the rubber material so that the new mounting nut can be located. Youll like the results as the LED turns are black, and the mounting brackets are as well.
got any pics?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I have to be honest I would say that its not a good look. I think they would look much better mounted below the forks tree's. What about mounting them below using a fork clamp on the tree. The 45 mm fork clamp was previously hard to find but I think they are around now. If not you can use any fork clamp just grind or file out the middle until it fits your forks. Good Luck!

I located the 45mm kury's but they are expensive $200+ have'nt really found another option, apart from buying mirrors with indicators inset.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Those would not be put on my bike. But like Jag said. Personal preference.
I got some 49mm fork clamps. I have a hard peice of rubber around the tube and put the clamp over it. The clamps are tight. Never moved and you cant really see the rubber.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I'd go with mirror turns for $110. Signals are a necessary evil IMO and best hidden if possible.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I'd go with mirror turns for $110. Signals are a necessary evil IMO and best hidden if possible.
Agreed! I have those as well. I wanted both because I am hoping I am seen a little better and some ass hole wont pull out in front of me. But if you just want to be legal the mirror sigs are the way to go!

Not the best pic of them but they are on in this one.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Agreed! I have those as well. I wanted both because I am hoping I am seen a little better and some ass hole wont pull out in front of me. But if you just want to be legal the mirror sigs are the way to go!
Yeah, I may add more LEDs to my front sigs in the future if I can find a way to hide them.

FWIW, there's a guy that used to be on this forum, slowplay, who I rode with and he has NO SIGNALS front or back and he commutes daily on his bike on Houston freeways. I don't recommend it but he's a good rider and very good at hand signals.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
true Wraps by custom dynamics

Check out the true wraps from custom design.I have them on my bike.They are LED strips that wrap around your forks with double sided tape.The tape i found not to be to secure but I managed to get them to hold by using zip ties. these will clean up the whole isssue of anything taking away from the beauty of this bike and they are bright as HELL! I have mine set as turns only but you can use them as running lights too.I have yet to see anyone else on the forum with them.I had to wait for months when I ordered them but it was back before the beginning of the year.So I would contact the number on the site personally.Just to be sure you dont run into any snags.
Good Luck

1 - 20 of 32 Posts