Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

· Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I walked into the honda dealer, was just gonna browse the catalogs,,and Jason ,,my parts guy says hey Bill where you been,,I have been holding something for a few weeks for you, thought you might want it, I told him why didnt you call you bone head. Well I broke down and bought the Cobra Power-Flo intake, he sold it to me for $225, was like $242 with Tax, Think original cost was $240. Anyhow, Ill throw it on today and post some pics. My tech said he did one last week for a guy with a Blue Fury, said he didnt need to adjust the Power commander at all. So im gonna install it myself seeing no dyno tune or adjustment is needed. :D

· Premium Member
13,959 Posts
I walked into the honda dealer, was just gonna browse the catalogs,,and Jason ,,my parts guy says hey Bill where you been,,I have been holding something for a few weeks for you, thought you might want it, I told him why didnt you call you bone head. Well I broke down and bought the Cobra Power-Flo intake, he sold it to me for $225, was like $242 with Tax, Think original cost was $240. Anyhow, Ill throw it on today and post some pics. My tech said he did one last week for a guy with a Blue Fury, said he didnt need to adjust the Power commander at all. So im gonna install it myself seeing no dyno tune or adjustment is needed. :D
thats a good buy bill.i think they look sharp.i may grab one off ebay while im layed up.think that will be a good time to catch up on my parts.then when i am well i can put all this crap on.anybody got a good 38 inch springer?

· Registered
13,011 Posts
I think you're gonna' like the Cobra intake, Bill. I love the way mine looks on my black bike. Don't know about the blue one, I guess. LOL

Maybe yours will run fine with no adjustments, but my throttle response was pretty doggy and instantly noticeable after installation. I was of course able to fix it with some minor adjustments to my Fi2000r.

· Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I must say to anyone who installs the Cobra Power-flo to make sure, you Tap the threads for the 10mm Hecks nuts before you put them back in. The lower vibration bracket bolt that came off the old intake is too long, The ones that came with the new intake were too soft and I twisted the heads off 2 of them, Had to remove the little braket that attaches to the head that holds the vibration bracket in place and extraxt the bolt, and re tap. Steveo, I didnt get a chance to really test it, did fire it up and run it down the block,,I hear alot of suction when I throttle up, idle seems to be more of a deep rumble, when I pulled back on the throttle and took off the torque was amazing. But I like the look of the thing.

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
Well, I must say to anyone who installs the Cobra Power-flo to make sure, you Tap the threads for the 10mm Hecks nuts before you put them back in. The lower vibration bracket bolt that came off the old intake is too long, The ones that came with the new intake were too soft and I twisted the heads off 2 of them, Had to remove the little braket that attaches to the head that holds the vibration bracket in place and extraxt the bolt, and re tap. Steveo, I didnt get a chance to really test it, did fire it up and run it down the block,,I hear alot of suction when I throttle up, idle seems to be more of a deep rumble, when I pulled back on the throttle and took off the torque was amazing. But I like the look of the thing.
Wow... sounds like you need to contact Cobra about the issues... seems as though there QA or whatever the F they have isn't doing their job...

· Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow... sounds like you need to contact Cobra about the issues... seems as though there QA or whatever the F they have isn't doing their job...
Im going back to the dealer and making them do there job,,seeing it was purchased from them,,I had to go to Harbour freight to buy a tap and die set that was metric. The adapter went on fine,,was the vibration bracket where it connected to the adapter and to the bracket on the head,,both bolts had issues, I was pissed. the bolts literally fell apart. but its on,,and its right and it does need some cosmetic adjustments by cobra to make it last, for what I paid for it.

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
Im going back to the dealer and making them do there job,,seeing it was purchased from them,,I had to go to Harbour freight to buy a tap and die set that was metric. The adapter went on fine,,was the vibration bracket where it connected to the adapter and to the bracket on the head,,both bolts had issues, I was pissed. the bolts literally fell apart. but its on,,and its right and it does need some cosmetic adjustments by cobra to make it last, for what I paid for it.
Agreed... but can you imagine how much some of us idiots payed for our setup... 160$ adapter(my advantage, sorry... :p) , 160$ spike air filter, then (well soon see if you need one) 200+ for a fuel controller... so, minus the FC, you paid 70$ less overall... or 99-$ for adapter then 90$ for cover, then air filter price... Still made out Bill... math is where it is at!

· Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Agreed... but can you imagine how much some of us idiots payed for our setup... 160$ adapter(my advantage, sorry... :p) , 160$ spike air filter, then (well soon see if you need one) 200+ for a fuel controller... so, minus the FC, you paid 70$ less overall... or 99-$ for adapter then 90$ for cover, then air filter price... Still made out Bill... math is where it is at!
Oh i see your point, but regardless of what I paid the material should have been right. Too me its those little things they should have caught, but if I didnt know what to do,what would the other guy have done,,had to take it in and pay to have it fixed. I just sent cobra an email,,Its on,,ill test it out tommorrow and see how it does. Oh i have the FI2000, had that at purchase when got pipes done

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
Oh i see your point, but regardless of what I paid the material should have been right. Too me its those little things they should have caught, but if I didnt know what to do,what would the other guy have done,,had to take it in and pay to have it fixed. I just sent cobra an email,,Its on,,ill test it out tommorrow and see how it does.

Get em' Bill....! Use you're time wisely and make sure all other products are sent out right... I love to bitch at the proper things, how bout you? :D

Let me put it in perspective... would this shit really have gone on in the old days... quality has gone down, let's fix it before it becomes a problem...!!!

· Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Get em' Bill....! Use you're time wisely and make sure all other products are sent out right... I love to bitch at the proper things, how bout you? :D

Let me put it in perspective... would this shit really have gone on in the old days... quality has gone down, let's fix it before it becomes a problem...!!!
Look I was a Mechanic for 20 years,,ran a shop,,did quality control,,hated getting shitty parts that broke when u put them on,,always got bitched at for over torqing and i was like 4 turns isnt over torqing, yes its a pet peave of mine,,heres a story,,my 2500 was in shop today for the windsheild wiper washer heater recall,,I get free oil changes and tire rotations, it had been almost 9 months but only 4500 miles,,on a diesel the oil gets changed ever 7k, but I asked to have the tires balanced when the rotated them,,i go pick truck up,,there isnt a new next oil change sticker in my window,,thats a must in a service writers job,,money maker. The other was,,my front tires before rotation the pressure was 60lbs, the rear was 68, when i checked my computer to see what my tires were the front was 68 and the rear was 60,,I was like How in the Fluck di you rotate and balance my tires and not change the air to make them correct before you balanced them,,i was like didnt he hear the dinging in the dash that said the pressure was wrong,,those 100 dollar things you put in the tires have to be worth something,,hello:D

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
Look I was a Mechanic for 20 years,,ran a shop,,did quality control,,hated getting shitty parts that broke when u put them on,,always got bitched at for over torqing and i was like 4 turns isnt over torqing, yes its a pet peave of mine,,heres a story,,my 2500 was in shop today for the windsheild wiper washer heater recall,,I get free oil changes and tire rotations, it had been almost 9 months but only 4500 miles,,on a diesel the oil gets changed ever 7k, but I asked to have the tires balanced when the rotated them,,i go pick truck up,,there isnt a new next oil change sticker in my window,,thats a must in a service writers job,,money maker. The other was,,my front tires before rotation the pressure was 60lbs, the rear was 68, when i checked my computer to see what my tires were the front was 68 and the rear was 60,,I was like How in the Fluck di you rotate and balance my tires and not change the air to make them correct before you balanced them,,i was like didnt he hear the dinging in the dash that said the pressure was wrong,,those 100 dollar things you put in the tires have to be worth something,,hello:D
Yea, it's all about the dollar, but we won't get into that, considering how many people are laid off now because the "BIG" corporation wants to make a buck... Seriously, no prices have gone down, yet they are making a profit with less people... I can say slave worker and let's see the feather's fly... stupid idiots... I hope I get somewhere with my promotion soon as I am tired of the bullshit in this country....

· Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yea, it's all about the dollar, but we won't get into that, considering how many people are laid off now because the "BIG" corporation wants to make a buck... Seriously, no prices have gone down, yet they are making a profit with less people... I can say slave worker and let's see the feather's fly... stupid idiots... I hope I get somewhere with my promotion soon as I am tired of the bullshit in this country....
Im feeling ya,,and you get a guy like me who hasnt worked a day in 5 years,,well ive worked but on my shit,,dont work by choice,,but dont have any issues,,went to vegas,,hawaii,,lol bought a new part again,,lmao still have my yellow reflectors on,,,OH,,on that making money crap,,,we should do a thread to boycott BP gas,,,they shouldnt be making any money til the leak is gone,,we can fly to mars but cant plug a pipe,,somebody tell them to sink a scrapped aircraft carrier over it.

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
Im feeling ya,,and you get a guy like me who hasnt worked a day in 5 years,,well ive worked but on my shit,,dont work by choice,,but dont have any issues,,went to vegas,,hawaii,,lol bought a new part again,,lmao still have my yellow reflectors on,,,OH,,on that making money crap,,,we should do a thread to boycott BP gas,,,they shouldnt be making any money til the leak is gone,,we can fly to mars but cant plug a pipe,,somebody tell them to sink a scrapped aircraft carrier over it.
Sure, I'm up for boycotting BP gas... BTW, their CEO is gone after this is done... Somebody that is more sober than me and knows about the market, please start a thread when you read this about boycotting BP and list the facts about them, like what they do and who they serve in your local area... Will help with the boycotting if we know what services they provide or whom they go through for it...

· Premium Member
6,715 Posts
,,,we should do a thread to boycott BP gas,,,they shouldnt be making any money til the leak is gone,,we can fly to mars but cant plug a pipe,,somebody tell them to sink a scrapped aircraft carrier over it.
Sure, I'm up for boycotting BP gas... BTW, their CEO is gone after this is done... Somebody that is more sober than me and knows about the market, please start a thread when you read this about boycotting BP and list the facts about them, like what they do and who they serve in your local area... Will help with the boycotting if we know what services they provide or whom they go through for it...
I understand everyone’s frustration here with BP. Boycotting is not the answer. It will only hurt us in the long run. They need to sell their products to pay for the mess they created. Boycotting the local gas station will only get those workers hours cut back or laid off. How does that help you or I.

Actually, if you want to profit from BP, you might consider buying their stock that is almost rock bottom.

· Premium Member
3,448 Posts
i paid less then $200 for my PowrFlo. And Bill .. i did a write up on this very issue as i stripped my bolt as well. Its here somewhere ..... with pics!
ditto change-o for me too. the welded nut on the cylinder head was mis-threaded from day one when i took off my filter pkg. to install the Fi20000000r monster fuel management thingamabob.
so, Honda screwed up. <get it...."screwed...up"> crap, dispstick bikers...never mind.

I stripped-rounded off (try saying that three times) the bolt when attaching the bracket 'cuz the f'n bolt supplied with the Fi200000000000000r2d2 was S-A-E.
used my extensive collection of bolt removing devices and finally, after much lanquishing, kneading of knuckles and just general whining, told my wife to JUST FIXIT!
I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!

<whew>

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.