Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I figured..."it's Friday night, got nothing to do, have to stay up all night for a 12 hour mid-shift at work Saturday night, why not take care of some Fury body work?"

Just laid down the first coat, will post completed pics later tonight/tomorrow morning...

·
Registered
409 Posts
i'll bet this turns out sick looking!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well all done now...kinda debating if I should do the same to the headlight assembly.

What do y'all think?

·
Septuagenarian Rider
4,151 Posts
Painted Engine Cases

I think the headlight body in black with the rim still crome would look good :D. Don't know how difficult engine cases are but tdebeers does. Check out his very excellent blacked out engine cases and cylinders between the fins :cool: . Your fork sliders do look great :). So good in fact that my eye falls to the silver cases instead of the the chrome engine highlights :eek:.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Well all done now...kinda debating if I should do the same to the headlight assembly.

What do y'all think?
Think it's unbalanced now... so go ahead and paint them... do 1 light coat though, so if you want to remove it will be easier than if you went full bull on it... btw... u in my area? lol :p Oh... just a quick question, have you seen those forks that have the twisted part by the wheel assembly... was wondering if that was a kit ( like a layer add on) or if it was the fork that was twisted... if you don't know... I will post some pics tomorrow, saw a chopper with twisted forks at the bottom, looked freaking cool as hell...could have just been a cover tho... btw, nice position for your bag up front...

·
Registered
829 Posts
Anyone seen one completely blacked out?

I have not seen anyone make this extreme jump yet (closetest is I hav seen is on the matte silver ones), but has anyone made te jump to black out everything. Front fork, wheels, exhaust, pumpkin, etc. (maybe even the engine). All blacked out might look sweet. Not my personal choice as I want some chrome, but that would really make soneones stand out of the crowd.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I think the headlight body in black with the rim still crome would look good :D.
My thoughts exactly...I didn't want to do it last night prematurely before seeing it in the sunlight today, but now that I have, it's definitely gotta be black. The wife and I were looking at it a while ago, and both agreed that the assembly in black and the outer trim ring should stay chrome too. Well that will have to wait until mid-week when I've got some more time off.

Thanks for the complements all...not sure that I'll be painting much more, but I can say that the spike intake I have on the way is black too, so should go well.

·
Registered
409 Posts
the bike looks great with the sliders done. great job!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, I painted the headlight assembly (minus the outer trim ring) today...gonna have it installed shortly; will post pics up later.:D

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
Very nice! Mine were just sent off to be chromes with a bunch of other stuff, seeing yours I now wonder how mine had came out in the cherry.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very nice! Mine were just sent off to be chromes with a bunch of other stuff, seeing yours I now wonder how mine had came out in the cherry.
I'll bet they look sick in chrome...look forward to pics

·
Registered
438 Posts
I think the headlight body in black with the rim still crome would look good :D. Don't know how difficult engine cases are but tdebeers does. Check out his very excellent blacked out engine cases and cylinders between the fins :cool: . The fork sliders do look great :). So good in fact that my eye falls to the silver cases instead of the the chrome engine highlites :eek:.
Gar,

What kind of pipes do you have?

They look great!

Spud

·
Registered
47 Posts
snuff i was debating between chrome or cherrymyself 4, i decided im gonna go with cherry color i will post some pics when they get done i think there gonna look really good ,

·
Registered
101 Posts
i had my dealer paint my rims , fork tubes , brake disc , remove dork reflecters , blinkers , rear seat and rear foot pegs . before i even sat on it .... pics in gallery page 39 , they posted them for me , just added cobra pipes , they the dealer [ honda of houston ] had the heat sheilds powder coated for me , black , i think that is enough black .

·
Registered
358 Posts
where is page 39???

1 - 20 of 28 Posts