Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Looks pretty good, what type of paint did you use for those that will be interested in this?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx! I'm really tempted to black out the wheels with that black toughcoat spray...The shop down the road will do it for 150$...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Red, I used the DEI silicone spray for header wraps 1500deg (black). 10 bucks and some painters taped from your local advanced auto parts. Takes and hour to dry and 30 minutes to cure (ride time).

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Red, I used the DEI silicone spray for header wraps 1500deg (black). 10 bucks and some painters taped from your local advanced auto parts. Takes and hour to dry and 30 minutes to cure (ride time).
BigJ where did you buy the paint and does it come in silver or chrome look color:D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks I have some silver wrap coming but just in case it doesn't look right I can spray it silver and I think it will look alright. You did a nice job on wrapping:D
Thanks so much! Just to prepare you, the heat of my single and all single walled pipes will turn the wrap white. It simply just gets too hot. I would save yourself the headache and do it the first time IMO. Best of luck

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Looks good!

I'm jealous that you got the Mayhem pipes, those were my first choice prior to the whole Fuggin debacle.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
keeping this simple:
you taped the pipes.
they turned white.
you sprayed the tape black.

nice look.

·
Banned
622 Posts
keeping this simple:
you taped the pipes.
they turned white.
you sprayed the tape black.

nice look.
he may have bought the white tape like ebay sells its cheaper and you get more for the cost. ........out of all the pipes that have been made for the fury these are the best , IMO i love them with the wrap it looks killer goes great with the bike and the little bit of chrome tip just sets it off and gives great contrast with the rest of the bike A+

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
THAT LOOKS GREAT!
I would go this route but I think i have the wrong pipes for it!
Looks good!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everyone! Ya, I got the DEI Wraps and they still turned white because these pipes get so freakin hot. The chrome looks horrible underneath so I almost have to do this. For anyone working with the fiberglass, it was much easier to get wet and get a good tight wrap on there about an inch apart. It comes with instructions, but if your like me you will shoot from the hip!:cool:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts