Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
Hit them with a scotch bright pad. Rough up every inch of them this is needed for proper adhesion. Use Rust Oleum, takes a while to dry but holds up really well. Friend of mine did his Sportster forks 3 or 4 years ago and they still look great.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Hit them with a scotch bright pad. Rough up every inch of them this is needed for proper adhesion. Use Rust Oleum, takes a while to dry but holds up really well. Friend of mine did his Sportster forks 3 or 4 years ago and they still look great.
Like this? (Picture below) I was gonna leave a space not painted at the bottom above the seals but if a layer of spray paint won鈥檛 affect the seals then I wont have to?

Premium Member
You're wanting to paint the top part? I wouldn't paint anything below the trees. The paint will eat away the seals from the friction and the paint will just rub off. There's a reason no motorcycle manufacturer paints their upper tubes.

Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
Oh, I thought you meant the aluminum portion of the forks. I seriously doubt that paint will adhere to the upper portion of the forks.
I have an idea, they make bellows to fit between the lower tree and the seal.
Zip ties to the fork. Like a dirt bike.
I have even thought about this myself.

Reactions: Gizmo

Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
You may find Vinyl to be the best thing to use. It's available in all sorts of colors gloss to flat. Carbon fiber for the section between the trees?馃槑

Registered
I was wanting to do this also and thought about getting an old fork and try using gun blue on it. Don't know how it would hold up but could be touched up easily enough. You tube shows that bluing chrome gives a neat look. I wanna see it in person though before doing my forks.

Premium Member
I was wanting to do this also and thought about getting an old fork and try using gun blue on it. Don't know how it would hold up but could be touched up easily enough. You tube shows that bluing chrome gives a neat look. I wanna see it in person though before doing my forks.
They're not chrome. The fork tubes are stainless steel.

Registered
They're not chrome. The fork tubes are stainless steel.
nope Hard Chrome, unless you have some other information to link to? Link to get forks re-chromed as example.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts