Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
I have used dent wizzard which does this several times just not on my bike. The day after I bought my X6 some bimbo let her door hit it in the bank parking lot. Took dent wizzard 20 minutes and 100.00 bucks and it was gone. The only key thing to this working is the dent can't be right on an actual crease in your vehicles metal.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Hay Cap. Research a little further, using compressed co2, which you can buy in a spray can. You heat the metal with hair dryer then spray co2 to freeze and wait a minuet. You will find many videos on net for this procedure, and yes it does work, fresher the damage the better. It only cost a few bucks to try but I don't know if it will work on the tank since the tank metal is quite a bit thicker gauge than lets say a car hood or door panel. But worth a couple of tries, good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good call mental.... i have a can of it sitting right here. will try when bike returns from raw design.

dent wizard is on speed dial if nothing at home works

·
Registered
309 Posts
good call mental.... i have a can of it sitting right here. will try when bike returns from raw design.

dent wizard is on speed dial if nothing at home works
Mentals idea is pretty cool, definately worth the shot. Any concerns of the paint being damaged with a heat/cool effect that quick?

As for the PDR, my insurance company uses this anychance we can...these guys are artists, pretty cool to watch them work and def worth the money. Feel free to call a local (non-national company) and hagle with them on the price.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
this is kind of awesome... anyone have any experience with this? think it will work on the mini dent i have on my tank?

Secret Paintless Dent Removal Technique - Easy And Cheap! - Video
I too have a ding in my tank and I think the metal of the tank is to thick to work for me one person said to remove tank and fill with water then freeze. I think for me bondo and repaint or new tank:mad::mad:

I think this would work on some cars. My Caddy uses aluminum for the hood so it probably wont work for me. The dent guy told me he uses a puller, rubber cups that are glued?? and then removed after pull out...50 bucks per ding:cool:

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
This I have not been able to confirm, check with Tony Fury. I have heard tank is double walled in some places and has some internals, do not fill and freeze, just not the type of tank for that, unconfirmed. Most dent-doctor shops can tell you if they can do it or not before hand. :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
This I have not been able to confirm, check with Tony Fury. I have heard tank is double walled in some places and has some internals, do not fill and freeze, just not the type of tank for that, unconfirmed. Most dent-doctor shops can tell you if they can do it or not before hand. :confused:
I concur 100%

More for the old style tank probably worked back then???

Let us know how it turns out if you try to fix it.

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Well, I'm no 'body man' but I have a friend who is. We have experimented with the dry ice as well as the hair dryer/co2 with mixed resluts.

On a car a small, fresh dent can be relieved with either method. The best way is to heat with a hair dryer until hot to the touch and with your fingers on the INSIDE of the dent work from around the edge to the center and the dent will disappear.

BUT, on the tank....NO GO FOR EITHER! If one could use a tool to reach inside the tank, heat the dent and work it out from inside it could be done. But the Fury tank (single wall I believe) has 'splash guards' inside the neck that makes this almost impossible.

Never fill a tank with water and freeze!

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Hay Cap. Research a little further, using compressed co2, which you can buy in a spray can. You heat the metal with hair dryer then spray co2 to freeze and wait a minuet. You will find many videos on net for this procedure, and yes it does work, fresher the damage the better. It only cost a few bucks to try but I don't know if it will work on the tank since the tank metal is quite a bit thicker gauge than lets say a car hood or door panel. But worth a couple of tries, good luck.
I did this on the door of my old Bonneville and it was about 95%. A shopping cart got me in a parking lot. Most people would never see it, but can still slightly tell, because I know where to look.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts