Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably the last person on the forum to finally de-smog their fury. Got the dimple plates from Larry, had them installed at the shop, rode home and the damn thing stills pops and spits on decel. What a disappointment! Only Mod I have that would effect the air flow are the BUB's I installed last year. Guess I will have to try the Cobra FC. SUCKS!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,174 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I got the plates from Larry and installed myself and haven't had a problem since. Hope whoever did the work for you didn't screw something up in the install. This is why I like to do things myself then I don't have any doubt. I want to note that I don't have an FC yet and all I have done is the exhaust and then the plates.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have aftermarket pipes and airfilter.

I have my pair valves blocked off and a fuel controller and it still spits and pops. I happen to like the way it sounds I just hope its not doing any damage to the engine.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that would signify one of two things:

1.) a too-lean condition. Fuel controller can help if tuned properly.

2.) Exhaust leak:

Check the pipes, depending how many miles ago you installed them. Tighten everything up, especially at the exhaust ports. Sometimes reusing crush gaskets when installing pipes causes leaks as well - change them as a last resort.

·
Premium Member
13,702 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that would signify one of two things:

1.) a too-lean condition. Fuel controller can help if tuned properly.

2.) Exhaust leak:

Check the pipes, depending how many miles ago you installed them. Tighten everything up, especially at the exhaust ports. Sometimes reusing crush gaskets when installing pipes causes leaks as well - change them as a last resort.
most times its an exhaust leak on the gaskets.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have the cobra pipes,fc, block plates and cobra intake and still pops. Popped with baffles and with out. Replaced exhaust gaskets twice and still popped. The next thing to try is the monster baffels. I think we just need to get used to it.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for the feedback. Jag, glad yours worked. Just hesitant to install fuel controller, etc and stii chance of no improvement. Doesnt bother performance of my Fury, just getting tired of the popping. May try new gaskets first and then re-evaluate. Am sure it's running lean. Still love the Fury so will probably just learn to accept the spitting and spend the money on other mods. Guess it is what it is.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Do the bikes with stock pipes pop? My cobras do like crazy even with tuning the FC.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have heard the stock pipes do pop, just not as noticeable due to the restricted air flow. Don't know if this is true, but makes sense.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Cobra Swepts - no baffles
Cobra Fi2000R - setting 1-2-2
D&M Twister Spike with L&M Spike Adapter
Pair Valve Block-Off Plates

On decel or down-shift, I get gurgling and what sometimes sounds like a horse (or a p*ssy fart :eek: ).

But, I do not have any popping or back-firing.

I think I recall that the baffles in still had this sound ... I think I posted something along these lines a longggggggg time ago. I'll see if I can find the link.

UPDATE: Here's the link to the thread YOU started some time ago:
http://www.furyforums.com/forum/fury-tech-performance-chat/6591-another-pair-valve-question.html

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I have fuggin contoller, spike air cleaner and MFR exhaust. I made my on block off plate for the rear unplugged all the hoses and electrical doies and then when I got to the front I said what the hell you can't see those little plates with the covers on so I just put a plastic plug over the tube where I took the hose off put all the covers back on and wala I have no popping or anything just loud ass pipes.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah St Pete. I do remember that thread. Just too lazy to look it up and continue on, so started a new one. My bad. P++ssy Farts, eh? Never related the sound to that, but now that you mention it!!!!!!!:D

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I have popping with Morton Inferno's and a spike air intake and Cobra FC set at 1-2-2, reminds me of a truck with dual exhaust on how it pops and stuff when downshifting or letting off the throttle, doesn't bother me that much, actually kind of like it.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I hear you KIOWA. Some people have had success with the popping, however with my luck, I could keep spending money trying to correct it and it would still continue! I'm gonna change gaskets and see if that helps. If not, will just learn to like it as you have.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
What type of gas are you guy's that are still popping using... just trying to rule out options here... how about them spark plugs... have you checked them lately?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Has anyone experienced if the valve plates eliminate this gurgling sound on decel or have heard that it does? I don't have too much popping but on decel the bike doesn't sound right. I'm new to the Fury world. Just picked up a 2010 couple weeks ago. For 16 bucks or so, I will install these plates.
Thanks guys
2010 with Cobra swept
Big city thunder baffles
Cobra FI2000r (still don't know correct setting) set on default 1 2 0

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Has anyone experienced if the valve plates eliminate this gurgling sound on decel or have heard that it does? I don't have too much popping but on decel the bike doesn't sound right. I'm new to the Fury world. Just picked up a 2010 couple weeks ago. For 16 bucks or so, I will install these plates.
Thanks guys
2010 with Cobra swept
Big city thunder baffles
Cobra FI2000r (still don't know correct setting) set on default 1 2 0
My bike sounds much better with the plates installed... I no longer have popping or decelleration gurgle... it is why I asked my previous question ...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts