Honda Fury Forums: banner

101 - 120 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
I just installed the STG pipes but didn't notice any decel pops during initial run of the bike but then again, I wasn't riding it so who knows.
Does anyone have the PDF instructions that could share with me? Rope's video was helpful but I really would prefer having a written document with me while doing this in the garage.
It is probably less complicated than it appeared to be but better safe than sorry I guess.

TIA!

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
I just installed the STG pipes but didn't notice any decel pops during initial run of the bike but then again, I wasn't riding it so who knows.
Does anyone have the PDF instructions that could share with me? Rope's video was helpful but I really would prefer having a written document with me while doing this in the garage.
It is probably less complicated than it appeared to be but better safe than sorry I guess.

TIA!
Like DUH!:biggrin:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Does vtx-parts.com still exist? I ordered some block off plates from them last week and haven?t heard from them. No confirmation, no shipping info, etc.
I hope so because I just ordered a pair too. For some odd reason I thought I had already ordered and received them but mistaken another part of the valve covers (slipping already at my young age).

Like DUH!:biggrin:
No, no "Like Duh!", the link was bad hence my request for someone to re-attach the PDF document but after chatting with 460 and taking a closer look at the bike, I think I will be OK.
If someone has the instructions though, I'd not mind having a copy just in case.

Now, just waiting for the valve covers I just ordered from VTX-Parts to come in.
I thought I had already bought them from either VTX parts or from STG but couldn't find a PayPal transaction to validate.
:3ek:

I rode up and down the alley a bit and it is popping, not a lot but enough to do the mod.

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
I hope so because I just ordered a pair too. For some odd reason I thought I had already ordered and received them but mistaken another part of the valve covers (slipping already at my young age).

No, no "Like Duh!", the link was bad hence my request for someone to re-attach the PDF document but after chatting with 460 and taking a closer look at the bike, I think I will be OK.
If someone has the instructions though, I'd not mind having a copy just in case.

Now, just waiting for the valve covers I just ordered from VTX-Parts to come in.
I thought I had already bought them from either VTX parts or from STG but couldn't find a PayPal transaction to validate.
:3ek:

I rode up and down the alley a bit and it is popping, not a lot but enough to do the mod.
Don't be surprised if it still pops some after installing the block off plates.... it is the nature of short pipes.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Don't be surprised if it still pops some after installing the block off plates.... it is the nature of short pipes.
Well, as long as "chicks" dig it! :laugh:

Steve did make baffles for mine though, so, I hope that will also help a little too.

But with my :hambugler: riding style which drops my mpg down to mid 30s, it'll be the least of my worries.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Does vtx-parts.com still exist? I ordered some block off plates from them last week and haven?t heard from them. No confirmation, no shipping info, etc.
Kudzu, any change in your situation?

I ordered from them a few days ago and even e-mailed Leo to see if they got my order, etc. and have not heard back yet.
My PP account was charged but if the order is not going to be fulfilled, I much rather get them from STG instead.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Kudzu, any change in your situation?

I ordered from them a few days ago and even e-mailed Leo to see if they got my order, etc. and have not heard back yet.
My PP account was charged but if the order is not going to be fulfilled, I much rather get them from STG instead.
Hey Guys, I just wanted to give everyone and update on this as I too placed an order at the same time as Kudzu and had the same issue, did not hear back from Leo but I received an email from paypal on Monday letting me know that they were on their way and I received them Yesterday. Not the best communication but still in business.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hey Guys, I just wanted to give everyone and update on this as I too placed an order at the same time as Kudzu and had the same issue, did not hear back from Leo but I received an email from paypal on Monday letting me know that they were on their way and I received them Yesterday. Not the best communication but still in business.
I am not as forgiving as you. I absolutely hate businesses that lack communication and leave the customer in the dark like he did.

I ordered mine on 12/31/2017. There was absolutely no confirmation e-mail or anything. On 1/1/2018, I sent an e-mail requesting a confirmation of my order. Nothing.
On 1/2/2018 sent another message and nothing. On 1/3/2018 I posted here about it and sent another message and ask for either confirmation or cancellation.
Tried cancelling the transaction thru PayPal which recommended communicating with the seller. Yeah, like I didn't try, multiple times!

On 1/3/2018, thinking it was a dead-end and not wanting to waste more time, I ordered it from STG. He acknowledged the order later in the same day.
Though he did take a bit too long to ship it out (received shipment notification 1/11/2018).
On 1/4/2018, sent another e-mail asking him to cancel the order because I bought it from another seller.

This evening, I came home and saw the package from VTX! :angryface:

Insult to the injury, inside the package, a note saying "If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact (e-mail) us".
Yeah, good effing luck with that. Really really bad business, if you can even call it that. There is no excuse for lack of communication.

I'd NEVER do business again nor recommend such a business to anyone.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Customer service is so easy to do right. And when you do it wrong it can really shoot you in the foot. Personally I don't have much forgiveness in my heart for non-communicators.

Reactions: clik and TurcoLoco

·
Super Moderator
2,979 Posts
I am not as forgiving as you. I absolutely hate businesses that lack communication and leave the customer in the dark like he did.

I ordered mine on 12/31/2017. There was absolutely no confirmation e-mail or anything. On 1/1/2018, I sent an e-mail requesting a confirmation of my order. Nothing.
On 1/2/2018 sent another message and nothing. On 1/3/2018 I posted here about it and sent another message and ask for either confirmation or cancellation.
Tried cancelling the transaction thru PayPal which recommended communicating with the seller. Yeah, like I didn't try, multiple times!

On 1/3/2018, thinking it was a dead-end and not wanting to waste more time, I ordered it from STG. He acknowledged the order later in the same day.
Though he did take a bit too long to ship it out (received shipment notification 1/11/2018).
On 1/4/2018, sent another e-mail asking him to cancel the order because I bought it from another seller.

This evening, I came home and saw the package from VTX! :angryface:

Insult to the injury, inside the package, a note saying "If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact (e-mail) us".
Yeah, good effing luck with that. Really really bad business, if you can even call it that. There is no excuse for lack of communication.

12/31/2017 [New-Years Eve--SUNDAY]: Ordered.
01/01/2018 [New Years Day]: Buyer wanting confirmation.
01/02/2018 [the day after a holiday] Buyer demanding confirmation.
01/03/2018: Buyer cancels order and posts complaint on public forum. Places order with another vendor.
01/04/2018: Buyer cancels order again, not realizing seller is probably still swimming in e-mails from over the holidays when most people have off, and the seller probably also took off to spend time with family.
01/11/2018: Plates arrive, noting regular shipping time after normal processing time, which is actually quick for this vendor.

I like you on the forum, like your posts, like your commentary, but in this one instance, you're being a dick. I'm not insulting you, attacking you, none of that, you knew from this thread the vendor has things to do in addition to ship little metal plates for just over cost, and when you consider the overhead in running a business and that it's a new year and there's all the accounting overhead and closing last-year's books and payroll, vacations, phone calls, holiday stories, hangovers--him not falling all over an order for two little plates isn't any big deal.

Reading the thread I ordered plates in Fall knowing it could take a month with no communication before they arrived--and I wanted to get them while they were still available for whenever I wanted to put them in--don't even think @Rope did me the favor of sending his slightly used cans over yet, so this was "for probable use sometime in the distant future."

It's all good buddy, plates are in your hands. Personally I'm happy the guy offers parts that make our lives easier, because few people want the hassle of super-low-volume items.

·
Registered
366 Posts
01/03/2018: Buyer cancels order and posts complaint on public forum. Places order with another vendor.
01/04/2018: Buyer cancels order again, not realizing seller is probably still swimming in e-mails from over the holidays when most people have off, and the seller probably also took off to spend time with family.
01/11/2018: Plates arrive, noting regular shipping time after normal processing time, which is actually quick for this vendor.

I like you on the forum, like your posts, like your commentary, but in this one instance, you're being a dick. I'm not insulting you, attacking you, none of that, you knew from this thread the vendor has things to do in addition to ship little metal plates for just over cost, and when you consider the overhead in running a business and that it's a new year and there's all the accounting overhead and closing last-year's books and payroll, vacations, phone calls, holiday stories, hangovers--him not falling all over an order for two little plates isn't any big deal.

Reading the thread I ordered plates in Fall knowing it could take a month with no communication before they arrived--and I wanted to get them while they were still available for whenever I wanted to put them in--don't even think @Rope did me the favor of sending his slightly used cans over yet, so this was "for probable use sometime in the distant future."

It's all good buddy, plates are in your hands. Personally I'm happy the guy offers parts that make our lives easier, because few people want the hassle of super-low-volume items.
Likewise, I think you are a cool guy, etc. but disagreeing with someone's opinions in a respectful way is one thing, calling that person a "your are being a dick" which implies he was completely and in certainty, wrong, is another.
That is the part of your post I found off and despite what you stated, did seem like a personal attack. Because I respect you, I am not offended and giving you the benefit of the doubt that you were just trying to point out that my expectations were, perhaps, unrealistic.

Maybe so. Still, lack of communication, as in zero communication is not acceptable, especially when there is no disclosure about that on the site. How hard is it to set up a system that shoots an acknowledgement e-mail to people buying stuff to let them know "Hey, I am a small shop I do this shit on the side/due to this and that, I may not contact you right away, etc. but this is to confirm that we received your order and it will be processed for sure and you will get a shipment notification in about X many days. If you don't feel free to contact me, etc." I was flexible due to the holidays, I even mentioned that but by 1/4/2018, still no replies? I item shipped on 1/8/2018, still no notification. I noticed it on the PayPal transaction details! I don't go back and check my PayPal everyday, especially not for such info.
Like I said, there can be no excuse for zero communication/notification/replies. So, when it creates situations like this, I get annoyed, it is not about money, it's about business principle.

Anyhow, a disclosure or a heads-up similar to the above is not hard to do. It would prevent issues and spoiled dicks like me wouldn't expect Amazon like service, right?
Just saying... :wink:

Love, peace and chicken grease!

·
Premium Member
13,622 Posts
If you are in a business and you ( SELL ) It is your job to communicate and ship on time. If you don't have the part in stock, let the buyer know up front. It only takes a minute to answer an E-mail. You have 5 or 5 1/2 days a week to do so. If you can't do so you should not be in the business. There is no excuse for not letting people know what is happening with THEIR money. Word of mouth is what makes a business. If you don't talk to me, I want talk for you. My 2-cents

·
Registered
2,319 Posts

He was more insistent that I would have been or than I am. But the point remains that even if the part is out of stock, a quick response that says 'sorry this is out of stock we will ship it when it is back in stock' or something similar, would have taken 5 minutes at most, built customer rapport and could have generated good word of mouth. You can see what the opposite did. Different people have different expectations, and different opinions, but if you are building and running a business you might want to consider your customer service. Good customer service is easy, doesn't cost a lot, and has good benefits. Bad customer service is even easier, costs even less, but comes with zero benefits.

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
I've been in the customer service biz, in one fashion or another, my entire work life.

It's often been said that if you do a good job for a customer, they might tell a dozen of their friends, family, or associates.

If you disappoint a customer, or fail to deliver as promised, they WILL tell dozens and dozens of their friends, family and associates.

Prompt and honest communication is the easiest, and least expensive, thing to deliver... and is usually at the center of bad customer service experiences.

Under promise and over deliver... much, much better than over promising and under delivering! :winetime:

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
You may offer the very best product or service but without support/customer service, ya may as well sell turds!:serious:

·
Premium Member
13,622 Posts
Try ordering something from a seller on Ebay that has 5,903 items sold with 99.9 feedback score and 3 months later you still don't have anything.??????????:confuzed::confuzed::confuzed:

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Likewise, I think you are a cool guy, etc. but disagreeing with someone's opinions in a respectful way is one thing, calling that person a "your are being a dick" which implies he was completely and in certainty, wrong, is another.
That is the part of your post I found off and despite what you stated, did seem like a personal attack. Because I respect you, I am not offended and giving you the benefit of the doubt that you were just trying to point out that my expectations were, perhaps, unrealistic.

Maybe so. Still, lack of communication, as in zero communication is not acceptable, especially when there is no disclosure about that on the site. How hard is it to set up a system that shoots an acknowledgement e-mail to people buying stuff to let them know "Hey, I am a small shop I do this shit on the side/due to this and that, I may not contact you right away, etc. but this is to confirm that we received your order and it will be processed for sure and you will get a shipment notification in about X many days. If you don't feel free to contact me, etc." I was flexible due to the holidays, I even mentioned that but by 1/4/2018, still no replies? I item shipped on 1/8/2018, still no notification. I noticed it on the PayPal transaction details! I don't go back and check my PayPal everyday, especially not for such info.
Like I said, there can be no excuse for zero communication/notification/replies. So, when it creates situations like this, I get annoyed, it is not about money, it's about business principle.

Anyhow, a disclosure or a heads-up similar to the above is not hard to do. It would prevent issues and spoiled dicks like me wouldn't expect Amazon like service, right?
Just saying... :wink:

Love, peace and chicken grease!
Love, peace and taco grease.:wink: Oh, and Schmaltz!

·
Registered
366 Posts
I put the bike back together today and even installed the pair valve covers in the process. I didn't even have to look at SLK's write up as it was really straightforward once you lift the gas tank and remove the engine covers.
And yes, as Ken stated, even with the pair valve covers, it is still popping but it is reduced by 50%, if not more. Good throttle control help a lot as well but I do ride like an ape on crank most of the time so, it is what it is.

Bill chopped the coil so it is quite a bit lower now. I love the new look but the definitely less comfy now. I attached a blurry photo to show the new look.
I missed my Fury so rushed to install the stock shock instead of the air ride but eventually, I will get around to installing the air ride that I got from Ken.
Can you say "Pimp My Ride"?

Tomorrow, I will do the steel-braided brake lines and try to capture some shots and maybe do a short write-up. I have changed at least 3 bikes in the past from regular rubber hose to steel-braided lines and it was like night and day difference.
So, I expect a similar improvement with the way Fury brakes as well.

I do have the $31 Shiny covers from VTX-Parts if anyone is interested, $20 Shipped.
I figured instead of returning it, I much rather take a hit and make someone else happier.

Attachments

101 - 120 of 129 Posts