Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Took the day off today, removed the pair valve and decel pop is gone..
Could not get it to pop at all..

The dimple cover plates from vtx-parts.com worked perfectly.:cool:
Way to go Tony! Another problem solved.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Tony Fury What kind of air cleaner are you running. I want to take mine off so I guess the hose I had to cut to install the small filter from L&M adapter I could just leave the filter on but it will not go anywhere. Can you get the block off plates at the Honda dealer if they have them in stock. Notice any other difference other than the popping was gone. Mine doesn't popop to start with:cool:

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Tony, can you post the part number of the VTX block off plates also what exhaust and intake air you runing and are your baffles out? Thanks

·
Registered
710 Posts
Tony

Great photos.....I just ordered the dimple block off plates.

My scooter is in the shop for the AFT engine mod and now is the time to block those areas off upon reassembly. Lastly, what purpose did those valves serve? Is it an emissions thing, or what?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Tony

Great photos.....I just ordered the dimple block off plates.

My scooter is in the shop for the AFT engine mod and now is the time to block those areas off upon reassembly. Lastly, what purpose did those valves serve? Is it an emissions thing, or what?

Thanks again.
Yes, Jimmy, it is an emissions thing. When you close the throttle down, the PAIR Valve system opens up, and draws fresh, filtered, air from the intake filter box and dumps it into the exhaust ports. If there is un-burnt fuel in the exhaust, the PAIR-injected air mixes with it and you get sort of an "after-burn" effect, lowering the emission of un-burnt hydrocarbons from the exhaust. The after-burn effect is one source of the "popping" you can get upon throttle shut-down. If you're not concerned with having to pass emissions/smog tests with your bike, then blocking-out the PAIR Valves is the way to go.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,153 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Removed pair valve and still popping

Question. I have installed the cobra swepts and cobra computer.
With baffles in had popping. Plugged pair valve at air cleaner and had more popping with some kind of coughing at idle. Reinstalled hose and a week later removed baffles. Popping louder. Plugged pair valve at air cleaner and both heads. Still had popping. Do i have to disconnect pair valve? Help please.

·
Premium Member
13,702 Posts
Question. I have installed the cobra swepts and cobra computer.
With baffles in had popping. Plugged pair valve at air cleaner and had more popping with some kind of coughing at idle. Reinstalled hose and a week later removed baffles. Popping louder. Plugged pair valve at air cleaner and both heads. Still had popping. Do i have to disconnect pair valve? Help please.
get a pair of block off plates on there and put that crap in a crap can.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Well first i wanted to try plugging to see if the pop will go away. If it did i will install plates. Do i have to change settings on fuel computer right now setting are at 3 2 2. Any other suggestions?

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Part number in your own thread asshat oldman... ;)

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Bar Gar Gar Bar......Sorry, Bar That DOES explain it well. Thanks Again
Nah, confuse him with Gar all the time... Want to see him with a picture where he's :mad: eventually... ;)

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Well first i wanted to try plugging to see if the pop will go away. If it did i will install plates. Do i have to change settings on fuel computer right now setting are at 3 2 2. Any other suggestions?
Not certain, but I think you may be getting "reversion". You're running a bit on the rich side, IMO, which would aggravate the condition. Before changing anything else, try 1-2-1 or 1-2-2 and see if that reduces the popping. Could also be an exhaust leak around the head/pipe gasket.

Cheers

1 - 20 of 105 Posts