Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blocked off the two pair-valves at cylinder heads, using short pieces of rubber tubing capped off at the end with some hard rubber caps.
Well worth doing stopped any popping from fast and slow deceleration and I do believe the bike may sound and feel a bit over-tighter.. Maybe?
I first just capped off the end of the pair valve hose going into the main air breather but after warm up I could hear a slight pop at idle...
I then went directly to the air inlet on the pair valves them self’s on the cylinder heads and it worked great...the slight pop away, will either buy or make the actual blocking plates for this mod. and after warranty is up will remove the electrical valve and other hoses.
S&S air cleaner Cobra Speedster Slashdowns, Dobeck tfi controller.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Blocked off the two pair-valves at cylinder heads, using short pieces of rubber tubing capped off at the end with some hard rubber caps.
Well worth doing stopped any popping from fast and slow deceleration and I do believe the bike may sound and feel a bit over-tighter.. Maybe?
I first just capped off the end of the pair valve hose going into the main air breather but after warm up I could hear a slight pop at idle...
I then went directly to the air inlet on the pair valves them self’s on the cylinder heads and it worked great...the slight pop away, will either buy or make the actual blocking plates for this mod. and after warranty is up will remove the electrical valve and other hoses.
S&S air cleaner Cobra Speedster Slashdowns, Dobeck tfi controller.
Have done it and no regrets . Birgly plates .

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Does this fix the gurgling and popping?

I don't know what this is....hoses? Are they air hoses? Which ones are they? Could blocking them cause engine damage? Is this part of the emissions control stuff?

Sorry...just not savvy about this stuff,

Dick

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
I don't know what this is....hoses? Are they air hoses? Which ones are they? Could blocking them cause engine damage? Is this part of the emissions control stuff?

Dick
Yes its part of emmisions . No it wont hurt anything . Minamizes deceal backfire .

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts

Dick
Dick, I used to live up there in your area (Alexandria, Springfield, Fairfax, Burke Centre, Manassas - 1976-1995)....I don't know how they are now, but with cars, they did the computer emission testing during inspection.....Do they do that now for motorcycles?

Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts