Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had my front wheel, caliper mounts and brake rotors polished they turned out awesome . i wanted to share a few pictures so if anyone else wanted to have any parts polished i can put you intouch with Lee at Mirror Image in Salinas Ca. Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Wow! How much did that cost????

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
That looks great! I'm interested as well but I would probably have it done this winter due to I would rather ride now. How long did that take?

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
IMPORTANT: When you have rotors polished you will have only about 20 percent braking-stopping power until the pads re-seat. So be careful. Those first STOP signs can be hairy!

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
polishing

to polish the front wheel, brake caliper brackets and rotors was 450.00 . if you can see the weight lip and all casting marks have been smoothed out lee did a first class job on these for me .

·
Registered
835 Posts
Wow, looks really good. How hard will it be to keep polished?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
That looks really good david. So since you didnt include the price for the rear, I take it you are installing a Sumo-X kit?

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Looks good! I think he just forgot to say the rear wheel when he mentioned the price and listed all the stuff they did for 450, at least i hope so lol, if that is the case then that is definitely worth it, would be interested in hearing how long it took to get all of that done?

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
+1, this is the only reason I haven't polished yet... as I see the positives and negatives about polishing...

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
WOW! That turned out really great :cool:

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
From Caswell Plating.
ZoopSeal™​

From Zoops Products
Protect all your polished aluminum, stainless steel and chrome parts from oxidation and eliminate the need for repeat polishing. A kit covers 75 square feet. Easy to apply when following the instructions provided. Formulated for use on cars, trucks, boats motorcycles, engines, wheels and interior accessories. When applied properly ZoopSeal™ will:

• A hybrid ceramic sealer that protects finishes for up to two years.
  • <LI class=mediumbodytext>Prevent dulling and oxidation <LI class=mediumbodytext>Retain the polished brightness and luster of aluminum <LI class=mediumbodytext>Eliminate the need for repeat polishing <LI class=mediumbodytext>Be long lasting <LI class=mediumbodytext>Will work on aluminum, brass, and stainless steel
  • Be safe to use and environmentally friendly

• A hybrid ceramic sealer that protects finishes for up to two years.
Without ZoopSeal​

...................................................................With ZoopSeal...................................................

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
It wouldnt matter if you put it on the outer part of the rotor but it would be fine in the centers. The friction fron the brake pads are going to cause scratches in the finish, there is no way to stop it. You will lose most of your braking ability because the pads will have a hard time gripping on the smooth surface.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
polishing

yes I am doing the sumo-x fat tire kit . the reason i included the sumo wheel in the pictures was to show that our front wheels will polish out and shine like aftermarket wheels. Lee at Mirror Image had my parts about three weeks but he did have a machine go down for several day durring that time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts