Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! This is a great site and I have been reading alot of all your posts and appriciate all the input and reports as I too have an order placed on a matt silver bike.I was wondering,has anyone had any passengers for around 50 miles plus yet.Also has anyone used the honda sissy bar yet and what is the general concensis from your passenger.Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
Hi all! This is a great site and I have been reading alot of all your posts and appriciate all the input and reports as I too have an order placed on a matt silver bike.I was wondering,has anyone had any passengers for around 50 miles plus yet.Also has anyone used the honda sissy bar yet and what is the general concensis from your passenger.Thanks in advance.
So far I took my wife on roughly a 10 mile ride the other day. She said she did not feel safe and would not ride again until I have a sissy bar installed. Basically she felt as if she will slide right off the back from what I gathered. My wife used to ride all the time with me back in the day, with and without sissy bars... I am guessing its the style of rear pad and its small foot print that is getting to her.

Once I get a Sissy Bar installed I will report back in this thread [if I remember that is :p] her thoughts.

·
Registered
43 Posts
yeah I'd like to know as well. I currently have a VTX1300C. My wife rides with me and she is ** too ** comfortable back there on that Cushy Mustang seat and sissy bar. If the Fury is not too comfortable back there, I might get some push back on the purchase. :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the exact same bike [vtx 1300c] with same seat,so thats what I'm up against with the wife.So any and all input would be very helpfull.
Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey everyone,

I traded in a vtx1300c,with a stock seat and a backrest. My wife rode with me all the time. We put about 8000 miles on it. So when I traded it for the fury, she asked me where she was going to ride. I told her it's time to get her own bike! We are now in are now inthe market for a trike. Ha looks like I created a monster. In the owners manual, it states max weight at 330, passenger,rider,gear. So if your wife is to ride with you, you both better be skinny!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
Hey everyone,

In the owners manual, it states max weight at 330, passenger,rider,gear. So if your wife is to ride with you, you both better be skinny!!!!!!!
330lbs..... I am roughly 265lbs *ponders* That means my wife has to go on a serious diet to get down to 65lbs so we are within specs :p

·
Registered
9 Posts
Heartland or similar may b n the future

wonder if a heartland metal fender, their side rails, and their quick release backrest mite b a cure for the weight frustration. Though their products r a tad on the pricey side. Any other company make a product out there that's similar to the heartland set-up?

then again, I'm 220 and most of the strippers i 'date' are a buck to a buck ten.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a sissy bar on and it has worked great. My wife has always been afraid to ride but for some reason on this bike with the sissy bar installed she is very comfortable and now enjoys riding. We were out for 2 hours on Saturday which has never happened. It’s usually around the block and wipe the blood off from the claw marks in my chest.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a sissy bar on and it has worked great. My wife has always been afraid to ride but for some reason on this bike with the sissy bar installed she is very comfortable and now enjoys riding. We were out for 2 hours on Saturday which has never happened. It’s usually around the block and wipe the blood off from the claw marks in my chest.
So how is the seat comfort? Is it the same as on the stock VTX? How's the passenger seat comfort?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have never been on the vtx so i really cant say. However, i did have a 08 shadow and my wife said she feels more comfortable on the fury. Whether its in her head or her butt i can't say. I'm just happy she now enjoys riding.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I am waiting on my sissy bar to arrive, but its been bothering the heck out of me how the darn thing bolts on.. Any way you can share??

·
Registered
28 Posts
the directions are very straight forward. took me about 20 min. you take the fender off and on the underside there is 4 x's already marked, drill them out and reinstall the fender.
bolt it on. its that simple.

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
the directions are very straight forward. took me about 20 min. you take the fender off and on the underside there is 4 x's already marked, drill them out and reinstall the fender.
So basically the sissy bar is only mounted to the plastic fender?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I am not exactly thrilled that I will have to drill the holes out thru the fender. I think that will take away from the bike if I ever want to go without the sissy bar on the bike. NOT GOOD!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Its not that bad. The holes are under the seat and you cant see them. Also, were you drill there is 2 fender supports already drilled for the bolts to go through. There is also shims so that the bar rest on the supports not the fender. Its simple, sturdy and looks pretty good. And most of all my wife likes it. Over the weekend we went to Cape May NJ and going down the parkway at 70 she felt so secure enough that she kept letting go of me. A month ago she would NOT get on a bike.

·
Registered
182 Posts
IM going to pick-up my new red fury, and the wife sat on it in the dealer and said she doesnt like the seat. she said she feels like she would fall off. does the back rest really support the passanger or is it more of a peace of mind that they wont slide off the back.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I have yet to install mine as I'm out of the country, so I can't speak from experience, but from what I have read and seen I can give my opinion. Yeah the passenger seat is not the best, more reason/excuse to get a comfortable aftermarket seat. The backrest and pad are not that high so it's not like they are going to be able to lean back and relax a whole lot, but it should be enough for there lower back and it gives them the piece of mind that they are not going to slide off the ass end of the bike. There are tall aftermarket universal sissy bars with pads <Ginz> but you are looking at like $650 for the sissy bar, universal mounting system, backrest pad and that's not including shipping, just search the threads there are some idea's out there if your interested in what's been done or what people are looking at doing already.

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
The factory seat is horrible for the passenger.My wife would have a death grrip on me while taking off from lights,stop signs etc.I did put the honda sissy bar on,that at least gave her something to slide into.Your best bet is a aftermarket seat.I bought a c&c seat that,according to the wife,is much more comfortable and she no longer feels like shes gonna slide off the back of the bike.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts