Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok for those with the Power Commander 5, there has been some updates done, First off, there is the Auto tune, witch has been out since the PC5 came out for the fury, And now the IGN, module add -on. this add on module will let you advance or retard IGN, timing.
the unit sells for around $350. its plug and play,
also with a dyno, you can really get IGN timing dialed in to increase throttle responce, HP and TQ. plus also smooth out the engine. you can tune both cylinders together or by them selfs, just like the Fuel settings. this lets you balance out the cylinders for peak power and smoother power curve.

this add on is for the tuners looking for the most out of there power mods,
SO if you have put the PC5, pistons, cams, head porting, high flow intake, High flow exhuast, now you can get most out of it.

this spring, ill Be getting some dyno time, and will be testing and making maps.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
ok for those with the Power Commander 5, there has been some updates done, First off, there is the Auto tune, witch has been out since the PC5 came out for the fury, And now the IGN, module add -on. this add on module will let you advance or retard IGN, timing.
the unit sells for around $350. its plug and play,
also with a dyno, you can really get IGN timing dialed in to increase throttle responce, HP and TQ. plus also smooth out the engine. you can tune both cylinders together or by them selfs, just like the Fuel settings. this lets you balance out the cylinders for peak power and smoother power curve.

this add on is for the tuners looking for the most out of there power mods,
SO if you have put the PC5, pistons, cams, head porting, high flow intake, High flow exhuast, now you can get most out of it.

this spring, ill Be getting some dyno time, and will be testing and making maps.
Speed- power commander sells about 15-16 different products exactly which module are you referring to?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just FYI - there will NOT be an Ignition Module for the Fury. Instead the PCV will have Fuel AND Ignition in 1 box. This new PCV will be $399.95 but with this you can adjust fuel and timing (+/- 20degrees) and it will also raise your rev limit. Look for it in April.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
dumb question....what happened to the PC4

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thats Funny, Chris Kelly stated they are coming out this spring Also if you have a Parts Unlimited or dennis kirk 2011 catalog, there is an IGN module, dennis kirk #20-9911. Honda Fury 2010-2011 models.
DJ-PC #6102
Dont forget DynoJet, PC, PC2 PC3, PC3R, PC3USB (witch should have been PC4) then PC5. THE PC3R had both Fuel and IGN tuning built in.

This is right off my Email.
We are hoping to have PC5 Ignition Modules available within the next few months.
Let me know if you have any further questions.
Regards,
Chris Kelly
Dynojet Research Inc.
2191 Mendenhall Dr. Suite 105
North Las Vegas, NV 89081
1-800-992-4993

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I sent Chris another Email asking for the full details on this module, AS i have plans for it, I would think IF DJ changed the PC5 to a new unit, then they should offer a trade in for a new updated version, OR suppy a software update. AS per Dennis Kirk Tech the info I got from them on the tech line, is that IS an add-on like the PC3USB, through the expansion port link, just like the Auto tune. there is no listing for the stateline or the saber as of yet, witch i was told, and it sells for 340.99 I'll get all the info and update everyone.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok it's correct a new updated. PC5 with IGN built in
There is no trade in program. So at $350 u get a new unit. And since there is not many riders who look into full on tuning. U can sell ur old unit. At the same price of an add on module they just made it all in one. Ad pet Chris at dyno jet. I sent parts unlimited and Dennis Kirk this info so they don't end up ripping people off. As Dennis Kirk has it as an add on module. So good for us on saving space. Also good for riders who only want to adjust fuel setting as now there will be pc5's with fuel only up for sale. So soon as I get the new unit I'll be selling my old pc5. For half the coast of new. I'm glad Chris got back to me on this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts