Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the PC5 QuickShifter on there Fury? I'm seriously thinking about getting it, but didn't know if there was anything with the Fury specifically that makes it a bad idea E.G. the transmission is of a special design that would make it extremely terrible to do.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing special about the Fury's transmission. All it does is put a sensor for the PCV (or standalone.. meh) in the shifters linkage rod. Probably just money wasted on a cruiser?
Maybe, but it will be fun to have sometimes. I searched and all I could find about it was a post on another forum about the VTX1800. Basically everyone said the same thing, "why on a cruiser". $270 is cheap compared to a new bike that i have no room for.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I'll probably document my progress here for future people wanting to do the same.

From what I can tell (without taking it apart of course) our tie rod is about 13.5in long. I'm thinking I can use part number 90065-MBA-000 which from looking at Partzilla is about 10.5in long with a M6 coupler nut and piece of M6 bolt thread or all thread. Dynojet listed there quickshifter (Dynojet part number 4-130) takes up about 2in (50mm). That is my plan at the moment and as such waiting on said parts to come in.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you have the pcv5 already? Bc that is actually much more bang for the buck on our engines.
I've had it for awhile but never put it on until about 10 minutes ago. I wanted to get over 1000 miles and just hit that this last week. I can't wait to try it out later today!

Fwiw I'm actually happy I opted to go that route instead of the reflash because I have Cobra Slashdowns with the stock intake. Today I'm putting the powerflo on and I wouldn't of been able to flash for it now.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update. My Quickshifter has shipped and it said it should be here Sunday. The 750 Shadow tie rod (90065-MBA-000) still hasn't shipped yet. Hopefully they will ship it tomorrow.

On a side note, I originally was planning on modifying the factory tie rod so I ordered a spare because I like being able to put things back to stock if need be. It came in. Our tie rod is 13 3/8 long.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gas Soil Wood Composite material Concrete

I'll chop the head off that M6 bolt and there's my new tie rod. I'll probably end up having it be a little longer than factory because I put floorboards on my bike and my pedal is taller then normal. Trying to keep them parallel for easier shifting.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am now the proud owner of a quickshifter! From what I have read as far as settings for it, I turned all the timings up to a conservative lever based off some HD forum. Once I get the settings right I'll update the OP for all the parts and settings for someone else's future reference.

I am going to say that I have the speed wire hooked up to my PC5 so I can change my timings per gear.

I do have a question for someone that might know. While I was researching I found a thread on some other sight where a guy said he just holds up on the shifter until he hits his rev limiter and at that moment his bike cuts power and it shifts.

To me that sounds kinda crazy but I could see it working, I just don't know how good that can be for the engine.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Trunk Motor vehicle

1 - 10 of 10 Posts