Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
read a bunch of threads and i'm undecided. my pipes are wide open and i have an elbow with a cone filter on the intake. thoughts guys?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
to be honest, i've tuned dozens of cars, on several different EMS platforms. i don't see how the hell that thing works without knowing the a/f mixture. is there a knock sensor on the fury? idealy it can be based on speed density but that is a flawed system.
all the issues with the fi2K kinda freak me out (and i have no issues with the stock ecu/how the bike runs)
i honestly don't want to tune my bike, i already have to deal with that headache on my hot rod. stock is so much better. and damn easier.
welding in an o2s is a joke to me. i do that stuff all day.

i don't know, honestly, if i should bother with it. since the bike runs awesome ATM. might be a little lean at idle, but fine when it's running. fuel consumption also points to running correct (120 miles till the light clicks on).

perhaps i'm reading into this too much, lol!

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Sounds like you know what ur doing. But my two cents.

Cobra fi2k - easy simple setup less control

Pcv - more control more advance setup can be hassle.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i suppose i'll do a simple plug check and go from there

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Fi2000R-------1-2-2----= easy start, smooth idle, better, more responsive acceleration, stable cruise, no-hassle set-up; won't break the bank. End of story.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I think Cap said it best.

To give you an idea of what I have figured from our fuel systems is the fuel mix is based on temp, % throttle and RPM. from that the computers figure a predetermined amount of fuel to make the engine run right. The Auto tune on PCV would make it more like a typicals car EFI since it uses a wideband O2 to monitor the AFR then adjust in that reguard.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
being that these bikes run the old school pgmfi system, i think i might change what you guys are doing in the future.
the fi2 can be built for 20 bucks at radio shack, and it's not doing anything special but tell the ecu an incorrect reading. hence changing the fuel map.
the fi pro i still can't figure out.
and i'm really not trying to deal with the pcv. although the more i look the better that option seems.

i *think* i'll throw the bike on the dyno and check the afr's. then with some math equasions figure out the difference i'll need to increase the injector size by. swap some injectors (180 bucks in parts, still cheaper than a FI2) and call it a day.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
i love when someone posts a question, only to come back and tell everyone they are doing it wrong.

if you know what you are asking dont bother asking. do everyone a favor and post a thread about your new better way so that we can all have options.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that's certainly not what i meant to do. sorry if it seemed that way. just gathering thoughts and possibilities through the range. honestly i wish there was a better fuel controller out there that would simply do what it needs to. but even in the car world no such thing exsists.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
.............honestly i wish there was a better fuel controller out there that would simply do what it needs to...............
There is; you haven't been listening! It's called the Cobra Fi2000R.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
that's certainly not what i meant to do. sorry if it seemed that way. just gathering thoughts and possibilities through the range. honestly i wish there was a better fuel controller out there that would simply do what it needs to. but even in the car world no such thing exsists.
its not a big deal, you just sound like a knowledgable guy. would like your insight on these things, so its funny to me when you are looking for answers on it. anyway. i would say go cobra. easy of use and its more than "close enough"

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
long enough i've been working on motors, and long story short "feels right" isn't necessarily right. well after all this, i believe the best route is to do a dyno pull and see my afr's. then i'll continue to post my findings.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
long enough i've been working on motors, and long story short "feels right" isn't necessarily right. well after all this, i believe the best route is to do a dyno pull and see my afr's. then i'll continue to post my findings.
OK, but just make sure you get the AFR Probe shoved ALL THE WAY up, within 4 inches of the exhaust port or your readings will be MEANINGLESS, due to after-burn. FWIW..................

Cheers

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Either system is "fooling" the computer, it is just a matter of the referance to "fool" the computer by. If you have access to a Dyno to evaluate other options I would look into them more to find something your content with.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
my thoughts exactly. thanks for the ideas and info guys.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts