Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever consider putting some type of peg straight down below you to be able to stand up and stretch while riding? Seems like sometimes I want to bend my knees and put my feet beneath me for a change and quick stretch....

Just curious if anyone else ever considered that.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
thats what the ground is for :)

ok terrible jokes aside, sounds like a cool idea. except i think most exhaust would get in the way as i would want them to fold up like the rear ones do. i suppose you could get them to fold back but im not sure that would give you the support.

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
thats what the ground is for :)

ok terrible jokes aside, sounds like a cool idea. except i think most exhaust would get in the way as i would want them to fold up like the rear ones do. i suppose you could get them to fold back but im not sure that would give you the support.
Oh yeah, forgot about the exhaust. Well then, just put one on the left side and you'd still be able to stand up and stretch a little. Plus, with just one it wouldn't look as bad.

This may be something I do in the near future, because it wouldn't be that difficult.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The Fury is my first cruiser. I've been a hardcore crotch rocket rider the last 20+ years. You have no idea how badly I want to put my feet underneath me! It feels so awkward having them out in front of me.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Fury is my first cruiser. I've been a hardcore crotch rocket rider the last 20+ years. You have no idea how badly I want to put my feet underneath me! It feels so awkward having them out in front of me.
LOL!!! Understand that! I didn't have a crotch rocket, but did have a 1982 Honda Nighthawk that I rode before this one.....used to ride it in DC area - was good for getting through the heavy traffic up there. When I got the fury, first thing I did was put it in gear, talk to my dad while both feet were on the ground, gave it some gas raised my feet up and put my feet straight down....hit the pavement with them and then groped with them to find the fury pegs......LOL!!!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Anyone ever consider putting some type of peg straight down below you to be able to stand up and stretch while riding? Seems like sometimes I want to bend my knees and put my feet beneath me for a change and quick stretch....

Just curious if anyone else ever considered that.
Man, you have no idea how much I've thought about that! I go on really long rides, and wish all the time I had pegs right beneath to be able to stand up on to stretch instead of stopping and standing! If you figure out a good way to do it and still keep the bike looking clean and awesome - PLEASE let us know!! :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Until you corner hard and forget they are there.
I've had my Fury for 6 days now and I can't even count how many times I've dragged the stock footpegs. At this rate, my 'peg feelers' are gonna be a wear items like brake pads!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts