Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking to see if anyone has been using penrite oil in their ride. I'm thinking of trying penrite mc4st Poa &Ester 10W40. Just asking if anyone has used it and thoughts on it.
Appreciate any feedback

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
As long as it meets the JASO rating per the FSM user manual, run it. Probably not going to get too many reviews on it. Also, even if people have, just like car forums, no regular user has any information that will put 1 oil ahead of the others. It's unlikely that regular users tear down hundreds of engines and inspect wear characteristics of components based on oil types then actually publish documents. Or even have the knowledge of training for what to look for. So oil "preference" is just like the butt dyno..."it sure feels like I have a lot more HP and my bike is running smoother."

My point? Pick your favorite oil or the one that is on sale that meets the required specs. Change it per the FSM intervals. Happy bike and you'll never notice the difference. There are many claims on here that say "this oil made my bike shift better" or "my bike was quieter with this oil". But there are so many factors that are not taken into consideration, so it can be widely setup and bike dependent.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, I'm a postie and on a daily basis thrashing the poor honda 110 scooter to get the job done. We have switched to penrite mc4st and it has worked that well I put a full synthetic penrite 10-40 in my fury. Gears shift much smoother on the fury. The proof is that the postie bike has had nothing break on it in 2 years which is hard for me to believe, because it nearly boils every day in summer in 40 deg C weather. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply, I realize that this post has the ability to open up a can of worms on the topic. Appreciate your feedback, will go my own way, happy riding mate 😎
Hi, I'm a postie and on a daily basis thrashing the poor honda 110 scooter to get the job done. We have switched to penrite mc4st and it has worked that well I put a full synthetic penrite 10-40 in my fury. Gears shift much smoother on the fury. The proof is that the postie bike has had nothing break on it in 2 years which is hard for me to believe, because it nearly boils every day in summer in 40 deg C weather. Hope this helps.
Hey mate, that's great, I've researched it alot and being an Aussie product I'd like to use it. I tried Nulon high performance, but wasn't wrapped in it, gears not shifting smoothly. Penrite mc4st is for bikes so I think I'll give that a go tomorrow. Thanks for the reply

1 - 6 of 6 Posts