Honda Fury Forums: banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Administrator
3,967 Posts
So here is the pic of scratch
To me --and I'm not there with you-- this looks like a mar. That should buff right out with a little buffing compound and buffing pad.

A quality shop might buff your whole fender to better than new for $50 to $75.

I could be wrong, your local N.Y. guys....shoot, you're in New York....well, double that $$$ then, but still, that's a half-hour job to clean, prep, buff, clean. Make sure to get any bugs and road gunk off for them, they'll appreciate that. I could be wrong and there could be some deep scratches hiding in there, but it looks like just a surface mar and you'll be fine.

Wait until you forget to deploy your kickstand and lay the bike down....then you'll be pissed. (that's American for "really angry")

Meguiar's M10532 Mirror Glaze Ultra-Cut Compound
Chemical Guys BUFX_102_HEX5 Hex-Logic Medium-Heavy Cutting Pad, Orange

Meguiar’s M100 Mirror Glaze Pro Speed Compound
Chemical Guys BUFX_107HEX5 BUFX_107_HEX5 Hex-Logic Ultra Light Finishing Pad

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yup, sure did. All the local mums were quickly getting their children inside so they would not hear the language. It even made the 6PM news and now we have protesters blocking the Sydeny Harbour Bridge protesting about your foul language.
I also heard it caused flocks of birds to take flight...
Sorry mate but you got to understand. This bike made it 10 years not a scratch. I have it for 2 hours and fuck it up...see there I go again with the language. Sorry I am a New Yorker what can I say. :LOL::ROFLMAO::sneaky:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
To me --and I'm not there with you-- this looks like a mar. That should buff right out with a little buffing compound and buffing pad.

A quality shop might buff your whole fender to better than new for $50 to $75.

I could be wrong, your local N.Y. guys....shoot, you're in New York....well, double that $$$ then, but still, that's a half-hour job to clean, prep, buff, clean. Make sure to get any bugs and road gunk off for them, they'll appreciate that. I could be wrong and there could be some deep scratches hiding in there, but it looks like just a surface mar and you'll be fine.

Wait until you forget to deploy your kickstand and lay the bike down....then you'll be pissed. (that's American for "really angry")

Meguiar's M10532 Mirror Glaze Ultra-Cut Compound
Chemical Guys BUFX_102_HEX5 Hex-Logic Medium-Heavy Cutting Pad, Orange

Meguiar’s M100 Mirror Glaze Pro Speed Compound
Chemical Guys BUFX_107HEX5 BUFX_107_HEX5 Hex-Logic Ultra Light Finishing Pad
Ugggghhh years back when I got my first bike, first ride. I went to show it off to friends at the local hangout. So excited to show it off. Reved the engine a bunch hopped off...and bam! No kickstand...never again...I hope lol

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
C&C seats. Tour model if your wife will be with you. Pay the extra for gelpad inside the seat. We have done 175mile trips in a day. 2019 with 15,000 miles. C&C is great to work with. It will take time to get it they are busy and a small shop. Lots of patterns,colors,sticking and fabrics. Remember it's a Honda. Ride as far and long as you want. It will bring you home.
Hey Thanks! Yea will definitely consider they look nice. Think I may want a backrest but not sure if they make that. Looked at the site briefly at work. Will look again thanks for the recommendation!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yup, sure did. All the local mums were quickly getting their children inside so they would not hear the language. It even made the 6PM news and now we have protesters blocking the Sydeny Harbour Bridge protesting about your foul language.
Meanwhile, what the heck is going on up in DARWIN?

Reactions: Furious_Mike

·
Registered
2011 Fury
878 Posts
I also heard it caused flocks of birds to take flight...
Sorry mate but you got to understand. This bike made it 10 years not a scratch. I have it for 2 hours and fuck it up...see there I go again with the language. Sorry I am a New Yorker what can I say. :LOL::ROFLMAO::sneaky:
🤣🤣 I’m a NY’r born and raised…. And raised by a fucking truck driver… 🤣

·
Registered
403 Posts
It's kinda leaning towards a scrape but I can feel it when I rub a fingernail on it l. So perhaps a light scratch.. at certain angles you don't see it
A scrape??? Slap some mud on it 😆
J/K - if it's just a scrape grab a beer, put in some elbow grease and buff it out. It sucks having to fix something so soon but shit happens. On the bright side it could have been worse. You could have had to watch it fall on its side after lowering the jack all the way down becouse you forgot that the 1" ramp you made just for lifting the back up enough to roll the jack under the frame was still under the rear wheel. 😳🥺😣😖😡🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

·
Administrator
3,967 Posts
A scrape??? Slap some mud on it 😆
J/K - if it's just a scrape grab a beer, put in some elbow grease and buff it out. It sucks having to fix something so soon but shit happens. On the bright side it could have been worse. You could have had to watch it fall on its side after lowering the jack all the way down becouse you forgot that the 1" ramp you made just for lifting the back up enough to roll the jack under the frame was still under the rear wheel. 😳🥺😣😖😡🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
Well, yeah, there's that...

Which is why there's an entire thread on jacks. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hello all!
So I picked up this beautiful, mint condition!, 2012 on Sunday. I haven't riden in 5 years and I must admitt I was nervous as hell. It was a 100 mile drive from the woods of New Jersey back to the Bronx NY... My awesome wife drove me to pick it up. As we were riding I got a text from my buddy who was supposed to meet up with with us the night before, but was a no show...this is not like him at all. She must have seen the look on my face and I almost didn't want to tell her. The day before a truck took a left in front of him when he was riding and he crashed. Bike totalled but for the most part he was ok. No broken bones just alot of bad bruises. Honestly strange to say but he got off lucky. So with my not riding in a while then this in my head man I was nervous.
Within the 1st mile I started to feel comfortable with the bike. I must say this bike rides amazing. Did some country roads and alot of highway and was really amazed by the handling could not be happier with just about everything about the bike...except the stock seat, man my butt hurts after that ride lol...Definitely would like suggestions on seats...
So I pulled up my neighbors happened to be outside all love the bike comment how it looks like it just rolled out of the showroom, not a scratch or Ding on it. After I showed it off I pulled her into my drive way and as I was closing the gate I SCRATCHED THE FRONT FENDER!!! AAAAAAHHHHH!
I was so pissed this bike made it over 10 years not a nick...I have it 2 hours and I scratch it. Not very noticeable but it will be the first thing I will see as I approach the bike. Any way thanks for reading and please guys and girls please be careful out there!!!
Also would love to hear some recommendations on mirrors want some that give good visibility not like the ones that are on the bike, though they do look cool
Thanks all! Be safe
How many miles when you picked it up?

·
Registered
2010 Fury
368 Posts
fuggin' Bastaads down unda...day protest anyting (again in my worst NY accent)

Tie Collar Suit Blazer Formal wear

21 - 40 of 59 Posts