Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the Cobra swept pipes on my fury and Dynojet sent me their ECU piggy back unit... Thats tune-able... Has anyone played with this dynojet? Any particular setting that has been proven to be a good match for the fury...

I'm putting the tank and fenders back on tomorrow (custom paint) and want to take it down the road, but will wait and talk to Dynojet direct monday should i not get a reply from one who has already 'played' with the Dynojets tuning on the fury.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I'm not sure how to look up people on here so if you could send him an SOS for me i'll have much love!
There is a cobra swept w/ baffles and stock intake map on cobras site and should be on install CD you got. What it ammounts to is if your looking at the table the editable number is the % of fuel increase/decrease for that grouping and i believe it has an auto smoothing to transition the mixes. You just have to know the RPM and how rich or lean it is. I recommend a Dyno shop for tuning since on your own if your not familiar with tuning will take you a little while to get the feel of everything.

If you dont want to spend the extra $ on that would look at hooking up a tach and a Raytech gun. Unless your really good at guessing the RPM but you need a way to monitor head and exhaust temp (and allow time for temp changes) then compare to stock temperatures and adjust accoridingly. there are a few websites that discuss tuning based on temperature (mostly with shifter carts)

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll have some more pics as soon as i get the seat back from the upholstery shop. My polishing guy is moving his shop, so i put the wheels back on for the time being. Any one recommend a polisher???

·
Registered
12 Posts
DynoJet

So I've seen the thread started a few times but never really seen an answer...has anyone figured out a way to bypas or extend the rev limiter past the measly 5250 its set to. Not interested in beating the 100MPH cut out but would love to get a few more revs out of this thing on the Dyno to see what else she has hiding in her shorts....say around 6000 or even 6500...if she's not hiding anything so be it and back down we come on the spin killer

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TAlked to Dynojet

Ok... Loaded the Map from Dyno Jet for the Cobra Swept Exhaust and stock filter and she runs like a champ... no back fire... comes back to a 940-50 idle every time... Have not ran it down the road longer than about 15 min. but shes purrin'.

They said you can adjust the rev limiter, but i would recommend talking to them directly. I didnt ask all the steps how to because i have no desire to go over 100mph.

Why would one want to go over 100mph on this type of bike? What is one accomplishing versus chancing. Yea I am talking to Nitrous Express on a kit, but merly for HP and Torque numbers and for show.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
So I've seen the thread started a few times but never really seen an answer...has anyone figured out a way to bypas or extend the rev limiter past the measly 5250 its set to. Not interested in beating the 100MPH cut out but would love to get a few more revs out of this thing on the Dyno to see what else she has hiding in her shorts....say around 6000 or even 6500...if she's not hiding anything so be it and back down we come on the spin killer
Over rev's are something that need to be carefully done, reason is you have a peak point which is where the sweet spot is, but once you pass it your losing power. The good thing about it is though if you look at the performance with each RPM and you look at how many RPM's your pulling in each gear you can kind of see where your sweet spots for shifting are since it would allow you the least amount of time away from the peak performance ranges.

To sum it up shift too early your robbing your self, shift too late your risking alot of engine damage and your risking robbing yourself. I say play smart since it isnt a race bike and the rev limiters are fine for what the intended and vast majority of riders are.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.