1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Looks Great Kenny!

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Wow! Saw the diamond cut at Sturgis last year. Very nice Matt.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Look great Kenny... I am planing on just cutting the top pieces like this after I paint the engine... Nice to see what I am looking forward to.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They are not chromed, they basically cnc the edge of the fins from what i gathered. The fins are aluminum so they will not tarnish/rust. Diamond heads recommends cleaning w/ only mild soap and water and rinsed. Then hit with either harleys s100 engine brightener or pig spit...

I decided to pull the engine and upgrade to the aft cam/piston kit. Doing the jugs just made sense since the engine was pulled. I sent the jugs and covers out to pwd coat, when they came back i sent them to diamond heads. The turn around time was maybe a week. Pwd coating cost was $150ish and the diamond cut was around $500 including shipping. Diamond heads offers 2 types of cuts but only the standard is available on the fury. I should have my bike reassembled in a month, i'll be sure to post the finished look.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
cool. im planning on painting my engine black and then pollishing the edges of the fins with my dremmel. i am hoping someone with a non black or matte bike can post pics of a blacked out engine. as my bike is blue and im not sure how it would look.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts