Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having the high compression pistons installed, along with the new camshafts (the AFT engine mod)......Also, while the cylinders are removed, they are being powder coated.....with polished fins......took a couple of shots today.....My Baby Looks Sad........but not for much longer....Ride Safe ya'll

Attachments

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was supposed to be around two weeks.......still waiting for the new pistons and the cylinders to come back from the painter....so I would guess another 10 working days or so...It'll be worth it I think. I like the sound of the Cobra Swepts without the baffles....I didn't ride it at all with them in, so I can't compare. I don't think I would have liked the sound from what others here on the forum are saying.

·
Registered
211 Posts
pistons, cam

Hey there Jimmy, what kind of horsepower are you picking up now that this is being completed. If its 2 weeks and a huge improvement then winter time sounds perfect for me.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fury Fun......they say I should pick up a little over 10 HP.....the sound is supposed to be "snappier" with the 11:1 pistons.....I'll post a dyno sheet when it's finished.....

Gar.....that's how I get the HP HA HA

·
Registered
893 Posts
Looking at those pipes on the bench I see your secret for more power :D. Now don't burst my bubble and tell me it's a heatshield removed :eek:.

I'm wondering how much extra HP you get from that muffin pan on the top of the rack and where did you have it installed????!!!! LOL!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Fury Fun......they say I should pick up a little over 10 HP.....the sound is supposed to be "snappier" with the 11:1 pistons.....I'll post a dyno sheet when it's finished.....

Gar.....that's how I get the HP HA HA
10hp???
I think I may have to argue, I would hope you get a little more than that.
the dyno sheet will be interesting.
Doing head work also?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Very interesting Jimmy, let us know how the new build performs. Thanks for posting the pictures as well.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here's the link to the article.

AFT Customs Top End Kit for VTX1300 Engine - Cruiser Industry News - Motorcycle USA

I saw a dyno sheet a few months ago on this....With a stock bike it gained something like 10.3 HP, and of course more torque. Since I have the K&N air filter, Cobras w/o baffles, and then a dyno tune after all the work is done, maybe I'll pick up a tad more.

20% increase on this little 1300 is a lot in my opinion.

The service department at Scottsdale Honda is doing the work. Their top mechanic is a guy named "Rob" and has built a lot of motorcycle racing engines in his career. Dude seems really sharp.

No "head job"......I mean head changes......just pistons and cams.....they take the old cams and regrind them......that adds some time to the project.....

Looking forward to posting some positive results within the next two weeks or so.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Thanks for the link Jimmy, I'll check with my Mechanic to see if he's up to it. Maybe a winter project. I was perusing the website only to get distracted by this picture... ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.