Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just to inform you guys who are perhaps wondering about the compatibility and placement of a hid / xenon kit.

I ordered the pilot pro line mono kit with a h4 fitting and 6000K bulb.
click here

I didn't want extra cables running towards the tank for a possible ballast location. So I focused on getting it all inside the stock housing.

Did have to remove some unneeded parts, like the rubber dust cover and rubber cable stabilizer with bracket. Because of the small size of the ballast was it possible to put it entirely inside the stock headlight housing.

I did have some doubts about the increase in temperature of the bulb and ballast, but actually xenon burns less hot then the stock halogen.

Update:

Didn't make pictures of the housing before closing her up, but these parts were removed:

I didn't do anything special, just put it all in and see if you can close her up :)

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Nice!

Some have put the ballast between backbone and tank. Thats great that this one fit in bucket!

We need photos.

Xenon is cooler running just needs more energy to get the gas excited on start up.
:D

I think this head lamp would closer match the LED chin scope

I want my head light and LED to be closer in color to give it a nicer look at night:cool:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My techie told me that the ballast would only warm up a bit but not like the innercore of the sun. Actually if it would melt the housing, then I would finally have a good reason to buy a metal housing instead ;)

ps. I made a 1 hour drive around town, no melting yet ;)

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still no heat issues yet.

·
Registered
100 Posts
just ordered a hid kit from HID Country. their kits are 37.77 but then ya gotta get dual buld for 15.00 and i chose 3 day shipping for another 10 but all in all it is cheaper by far than most ive found. will get pix up when i do install.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts