Honda Fury Forums: banner

pipes!?

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  BarFury 
#1 ·
The first thing I want to change on my bike is the pipes--my priorities are 1) loud and 2) looks. Please let me know some good suggestions. Thanks!

#4 ·
Video!

Click my link below to my shop blog and you will read my 2 cents on pipes and see video of the cobras on my project bike (fury) as well as read other editorials I've done on our shop bike regarding power programers, etc...

#6 ·
If you're going for loud first then you need to look at a set of straight pipes, two sets that come to mind are fuggin mayhems and morton inferno's, they have no baffles, or you could find a set that you like and remove the baffles. check out youtube and get a feel for what you like, yeah i know it's not the same as in person but when asking that question here everyone has different opinions on what's loud and looks the best.

#12 ·
Think I decided on the Fuggin Mayhems. They also sell an aftermarket filter that I wanted to get eventually, anyway. My question is this--what is the fuel controller they sell with it, and is it needed. Can the pipes bolt on (with the aftermarket filter), or is there more stuff I have to buy for the fuel/air mix/performance, etc. Pardon my ignorance, but this is the first bike I have ever modified. I want to do it right, but not sink alot of cash in needless stuff.
My second choice is the cobra swepts--can I bolt them on and take out the baffles (how complicated is it to remove the baffles), or do I need to buy extra crap to make it work/not screw up my engine?
Thanks for your help and suggestions!

#14 ·
Here's the link to the FAQ in case you can't find it:
http://www.furyforums.com/forum/honda-fury-general-discussion/3566-honda-fury-faq.html

Not a bad idea to get all the stuff from one manufacturer if you can / if you like everything they manufacturer. I believe that most would suggest getting the exhaust and FC and installing them at one time. If I'm not mistaken the mayhems are a single walled pipe <no heat shield> and I believe that all single walled pipes are going to blue regardless, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, so don't be surprised when they blue within the first 6-12 inches of where the pipe comes out from the engine. The FC should come programmed for the exhaust already but when you add the air intake you'll have to reprogram it, which Fuggin should help you do, they probably already know the settings for that combination so just ask them. Be aware that a lot of people have burned there leg on the pipes, can't access the engine panel on that side also.

As far as the Cobra Swepts others have said that it's a pain in the you know what to get the baffles out and I believe it does result in some popping/sucking air sound on decel, you can remedy that by modifying your baffle, modifying the pair valve or just leaving the baffles in depending on how loud you want the exhaust. Like Lester said a lot of this is covered in the FAQ so read that and if you have other questions feel free to ask.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.