Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my Fury last week and it is way too quiet. I am planning on upgrading my exhaust first and was wondering what others have done out there. I am interested in both sound and performance, they are both equally a must. I have considered custom pipes, but think it would be much easier to get some that are manufactured. Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
I just bought my Fury last week and it is way too quiet. I am planning on upgrading my exhaust first and was wondering what others have done out there. I am interested in both sound and performance, they are both equally a must. I have considered custom pipes, but think it would be much easier to get some that are manufactured. Suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Get Cobra Swepts, so you can match 90% of the other Furys across the US..:p
How do they put it..? Oh, they cover the swing arm nicely..:p

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
I'v e been looking for "The Right" set of piprs for 6 months. The ones I like are no longer made. All the ones I see are just too long for my liking. I'm hoping the Raw Design pipes will be done and available in chrome......

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Just to kind give you a idea of what it can sound like...

Cobra swepts with custom baffles.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Samson's..... Cobra's are still too quiet with the baffles in, without any extra work, the Samson's sound great.

·
Registered
630 Posts
soon as that sweet set of 2 into 1, pipes are finished in chrome (x-fingers) then ill sell you my cobras.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Custom Pipes in SoCal?

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think i might be interested in some custom pipes. Anyone know of good places near San Diego?

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
pipes for sale!!

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Sure do north of you hacker custome exhaust mr. Ronnie has my bike on his web site his pipes sound awesome and look great .
I have said it before, and ill say it again, these pipes could have been my first choice if the bends werent so abrupt. Thats why i went with the Fuggin ... cause everything just flows.

This is what i dont get. Pipe benders are everwhere and today they can be set up with dies so you can keep bending the same bends and not have to eye ball the curves. Why not make pipes for the Fury that do not have such aggresive turns?

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
I have said it before, and ill say it again, these pipes could have been my first choice if the bends werent so abrupt. Thats why i went with the Fuggin ... cause everything just flows.

This is what i dont get. Pipe benders are everwhere and today they can be set up with dies so you can keep bending the same bends and not have to eye ball the curves. Why not make pipes for the Fury that do not have such aggresive turns?
the biggest prob with pipe benders everywhere is that 90% are not mandrel pipe benders. those 90% crease/deform the pipe during a bend.

Mandrel benders are very expensive. and and don't deform the pipe. Usually a fully custom shop one

you can get a basic pipe bender for $100 on ebay and crease pipes all day long

An exhaust bender in most muffler shops deform as well

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
the biggest prob with pipe benders everywhere is that 90% are not mandrel pipe benders. those 90% crease/deform the pipe during a bend.

Mandrel benders are very expensive. and and don't deform the pipe. Usually a fully custom shop one

you can get a basic pipe bender for $100 on ebay and crease pipes all day long

An exhaust bender in most muffler shops deform as well
Ahhhhh this i did not know. I learned something new today. But what about doing something like filling the pipe with sand? Much like what some garage mechanics do to bend fuel/brake lines?

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Ahhhhh this i did not know. I learned something new today. But what about doing something like filling the pipe with sand? Much like what some garage mechanics do to bend fuel/brake lines?
never heard of using sand, I have pipe bending springs that actually wrap the pipe and won't allow the pipe to deform/collapse, but they are for pipe sizes like the brake and fuel lines

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
you have to use a fine sand, but after looking on YouTube i couldnt find a video. There are some other forums online that talk about using sand to bend lines; and get this, even roll cages!

On the same note, i remember watching on How Its Made where the people who make trumpets .. they fill the tubing with water, then freeze them. Once frozen solid they bend the soft brass by hand and do not have any kinking issues.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts