Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found this site while looking for a place to get some wheels chromed for my trans am. This is the first place i have ever ran across that could chrome plastic. I was looking for a plastic chromer years ago for some car parts and turned up nothing so i thought i should share this with you guys in case your interested in re-doing any parts in the future.

I haven't found anything yet to establish if they do quality work but i do plan on checking them out with the BBB. The price for chroming a set of car wheels seems awfully cheap so im proceeding cautiously!

Anyone with any experience getting stuff chromed i would like to hear it. Especially if you've had any bad experiences so i know what to watch for!

http://www.classiccomponents.com/plastic.htm

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Working on it, I believe their process for chroming plastic is probably a spray chrome similar to Spectra Chrome. There is only two companies that market those type of machines. I have a sample of it on my desk. Will get back to you in an hour.

OK: Talked to them, their plastic chrome process is a dip process which is better than a spray. 27 step process in which base metals are applied and then are dipped in a type of chrome plating solution using a charge. To redo a set of plastic side covers it would be approximately $230, however it probably would not match chrome of the jugs, be better off buying from Honda, 7 week turnaround time. Their process for chroming a set of Fury rims is a 5 step process, which is several steps below show chrome. It all depends on your budget and what you are looking for. You can get regular chrome Fury wheels there, but if you want a show chrome, which looks wet and has more reflectivity, then I would recommend Bikes 2 NV. I tried to call my chromer Al, to check out their rep, but he had closed for the day. As we all know, there are different qualities of chrome. So I guess it is a matter of you get what you pay for.

PS Chrome Pros has a bad rep on Forum, I have BBB on them with F rating in my file 2/31/10 and also have one on Bikes 2 NV, show chrome, which has an A rating as of 2/31/10

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
I used to work around the corner from these guys, they do good work i believe there prices are good cuz they are in an area that was granfathered as far as EPA goes so there cost's are cheaper, thats what a guy i worked with told me anyway..:cool:

Also have an exchange FURY wheel program Lower than most....

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
If its plastic chroming your looking for, you should have said so.

I actually got this info off one of those Spike auto tuner shows. They went to this facility and showed how they coat the plastic part in a metal like primer .. then dip the plastic piece just like it was metal. Good Stuff.

Advanced Plating. Chrome Plating and Powder Coating

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
I found this site while looking for a place to get some wheels chromed for my trans am. This is the first place i have ever ran across that could chrome plastic. I was looking for a plastic chromer years ago for some car parts and turned up nothing so i thought i should share this with you guys in case your interested in re-doing any parts in the future.

I haven't found anything yet to establish if they do quality work but i do plan on checking them out with the BBB. The price for chroming a set of car wheels seems awfully cheap so im proceeding cautiously!

Anyone with any experience getting stuff chromed i would like to hear it. Especially if you've had any bad experiences so i know what to watch for!

Classic Components
These are the guy's I use..
I was the first Fury chrome wheel swap.
View attachment 3451 View attachment 3452

Good dude over there, Mike..
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]Mike Sickels
National Sales Director
888-327-4189 ext 108

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
how much $$$.$$ to chrome the stock wheels?
They advance you a set of Fury chrome wheels.
They charge a core charge of $900.00 until your wheels are returned to them.
I'm local to these guy's so there was no shipping.

Don't forget you need to replace the bearings and seals.
I order those parts in advance from my local Honda shop.
The local Honda shop charged $75.00 a wheel for swapping them out.

All said and done they were $1134.00 installed.
Installed in one day, and the wheels were returned the same afternoon for my core charge credit return.
The wheels need to have all bearings and seals removed before returning them. I think they charge you $15 bucks a wheel if you leave them in..

Call Mike over there..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.