Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! Hello from Chicago!
My front right side engine cover is bubbling up. I believe it's my own dumb self that caused it, I used flowgenix on the PlastiChrome. My Fury means everything thing to me and I can't go around letting her look even slightly imperfect. Anyone know the part number/ name I should be searching for? Thanks everyone! I'm thrilled to be part of the community!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Hey all! Hello from Chicago! View attachment 238312 My front right side engine cover is bubbling up. I believe it's my own dumb self that caused it, I used flowgenix on the PlastiChrome. My Fury means everything thing to me and I can't go around letting her look even slightly imperfect. Anyone know the part number/ name I should be searching for? Thanks everyone! I'm thrilled to be part of the community!
12360-MFR-670, $64.94. BikeBandit

·
Registered
552 Posts
My front right side engine cover is bubbling up. I believe it's my own dumb self that caused it, I used flowgenix on the PlastiChrome. My Fury means everything thing to me and I can't go around letting her look even slightly imperfect. Anyone know the part number/ name I should be searching for? Thanks everyone! I'm thrilled to be part of the community!
What year is your Fury? I just noticed that on my 2016. Used new crush washers each time I messed w/the pipes.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
My coolant levels are good. I am running aftermarket pipes without a fuel manager. My local motorcycle mechanic, who is Honda certified, assured me that a fuel manager isn't necessary. Any other possible culprits causing excessive heat?
Could be just a cheap chrome job. Mine bubbled up on the rear cylinder, I replaced it and haven't had a bit of problems with the new one.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Yup, all it is, is a very adhesive chrome wrap over the composite they use (which, once the chrome is off, is a turquoise ish color).

That was probably the hardest thing I've done on this bike was trying to get all that off for painting my covers. Fingers were bleeding after because it doesn't peel off in a nice sheet. Imagine removing a tamper proof DMV tab off your license plate, except contoured and SUPER adhesive. Very frustrating.

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
Yup, all it is, is a very adhesive chrome wrap over the composite they use (which, once the chrome is off, is a turquoise ish color).

That was probably the hardest thing I've done on this bike was trying to get all that off for painting my covers. Fingers were bleeding after because it doesn't peel off in a nice sheet. Imagine removing a tamper proof DMV tab off your license plate, except contoured and SUPER adhesive. Very frustrating.
It's not meant to come off and it costs a bomb to re-chrome plastic.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
It's not meant to come off and it costs a bomb to re-chrome plastic.
Haha true, if you want a chrome look.
But basically I was referring to once it starts bubbling, no way to repair unless you want to paint (different color).

If/when I want to change up the theme of my covers, I think I'll do the black-chrome that @Dio Fan used. That would look pretty snazzy with the green on muh bike

7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Could be just a cheap chrome job. Mine bubbled up on the rear cylinder, I replaced it and haven't had a bit of problems with the new one.
Good to hear and a bit of a relief!

That's commitment! Then again, reading through this forum, you're probably not the first Fury owner to bleed for their bike.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts