Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I appear to be heavily invested in Plasticote, as many cans of it I have in my shop. But, I've got a question:

Have any of you plasticoted the "oil cylinder" cover on the right side, and if so, how does it hold up? I've noticed that cover gets a little warm, not too hot like bar-bq paint, but I'm wondering if plasticote will hold up.

I'm not sure I'll want to stay with the look, hence my question. Don't need any responses saying, "just scuff it up and use high temp paint" -- I know that. ;)

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Been fine for me & it's been about a year Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Auto part Automotive tire

Reactions: Vic

·
Registered
43 Posts
So, I appear to be heavily invested in Plasticote, as many cans of it I have in my shop. But, I've got a question:

Have any of you plasticoted the "oil cylinder" cover on the right side, and if so, how does it hold up? I've noticed that cover gets a little warm, not too hot like bar-bq paint, but I'm wondering if plasticote will hold up.

I'm not sure I'll want to stay with the look, hence my question. Don't need any responses saying, "just scuff it up and use high temp paint" -- I know that. ;)

Thanks.

Plasticote......Plastidip.......it's all pretty much the same stuff. Your good to go, I have guys using it to paint the calipers on their cars and those things get HOT

1 - 3 of 3 Posts