Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this plate mount from Psycho Moto on eBay yesterday. Did some searching here on the forums and didn't see any mention of it. (I may have just missed it). Has anyone used this mount before? Positive/Negative feedback?
I know there some great looking mounts out there but I really just want something simple and solid. I was going to make one like this one I found, but for that price it hardly seems worth my time...

Motorcycle Verticle Side Mount Plate for Honda CMX 250 450 Rebel Fury | eBay

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
M2C

I didn't like how it mounted , the hole is designed to fit between swingarm and hub .

But the price was right , and U may find it suits like lildoob has .

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
M2C

I didn't like how it mounted , the hole is designed to fit between swingarm and hub .

But the price was right , and U may find it suits like lildoob has .

Thanks DaveRed, that was one of my concerns as well. I wondered if it might slip/turn since I didn't see stops like others using the pinch bolt or even the swingarm itself.
I'm thinking if I try it I might use the "Threaded-rod-through-axle" mod and mount it that way.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Thanks DaveRed, that was one of my concerns as well. I wondered if it might slip/turn since I didn't see stops like others using the pinch bolt or even the swingarm itself.
I'm thinking if I try it I might use the "Threaded-rod-through-axle" mod and mount it that way.
Gonna need a bushing , the TRTAxle is 13mm or there abouts . ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1376672462.187552.jpg

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup. Or if there is enough clearance, cut off the mounting end (the big hole) and drill a smaller one to fit the threaded rod better.
Ok, maybe it would be simpler to just make one myself. :rolleyes:
Thx again DaveRed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts