Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how much slop people have in the throttle. It seems like I can turn mine quite a bit before it catches and I start moving. I have stalled a couple of times because of this. Any help would be appreciated. The dealer says that it is fine but I want to hear it from other owners.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Mine has a similar symptom. I think its the fuel injection causing a delay. I have just gotten use to it.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is not quite what I was talking about. The throttle grip will turn some before the cable catches. I am aware of the fuel injection delay but this is even before that. Is there a way to tighten this slop up?

·
Registered
173 Posts
The throttle cable is adjustable. Consult your owners manual for detailed instuctions on how to do it. The throttle has a push/pull type cable system. If I am not mistaken you need to adjust the pull cable to get the desired effect. Check the owner's manual I could be mistaken.

·
Registered
615 Posts
This drove me nuts, Im came off a sport bike where as soon as you touch the throttle it went, I hated all the play in the throttle so when I got my bike serviced I had them adjust the cable for me then, now its pretty much perfect. I also stalled my bike because of that play also not to mention if you wanted to go full throttle your elbow was touching your knee,haha

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I see that I have some work to do this weekend before I ride.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Thanks for the help guys. I see that I have some work to do this weekend before I ride.
Hey man It's really easy to adjust the throttle. Look at the cable and you will see the adjust screw semi covered by the black cover. Loosen the bolt behind it and just start to unscrew. You will see it pulling tighter ond from the just twist the grip to see how you want it. May take 2 minutes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts