Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tore my archillis 3 weeks ago. I'm in a cast.... can't use my left foot to shift and I'm looking to buy someones shifter. Perhaps someone here upgraded? My dad's a welder so I believe I can make a heal-toe shifter so I can at least ride. Anyway I would appreciate any help. Will 518-368-0585

·
Registered
114 Posts
Wish you the best of luck! I know first hand what its like to have a cast on your leg, and want to ride. Happened to me years back when I had my sportbike, but fortunately my cast was on my right leg, so was able to ride no problem, just had to be gentle when pushing on the rear brake :eek:

Ride On Brother!

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
You sound like a good candidate for a suicide shifter :D

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Oooh! A suicide shifter would be SWEET! Now that's Old School Custom!

:D
Yeah, I was trying to talk Accutronix into getting one made for the Fury crowd. I think it would be a big hit:

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
I tore my archillis 3 weeks ago. I'm in a cast.... can't use my left foot to shift and I'm looking to buy someones shifter. Perhaps someone here upgraded? My dad's a welder so I believe I can make a heal-toe shifter so I can at least ride. Anyway I would appreciate any help. Will 518-368-0585
R,
you pay for the shipping and you can have mine.
T

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! Absolutely

R,
you pay for the shipping and you can have mine.
T
That would be awesome. I really want to weld up something so I can at least ride. If you send me your address I will mail you shipping or if you have a Paypal account give me that and I will send shipping asap. You are a life saver... going crazy not being able to ride my Triumph Truxton or my new Fury. My Email is [email protected]

Thanks again!
Will

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
check your email

That would be awesome. I really want to weld up something so I can at least ride. If you send me your address I will mail you shipping or if you have a Paypal account give me that and I will send shipping asap. You are a life saver... going crazy not being able to ride my Triumph Truxton or my new Fury. My Email is [email protected]

Thanks again!
Will
Just sent you a message.

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
suicide shifter = more time in ER :)

Ok, so I didn't really know what a suicide shifter was -- have to love Google. All I can say is I am grateful to live in the time of modern plumbing and a clutch operated by my trusty left hand. It's my left foot I don't trust! It always seems to find things to run into at night :D
T

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
Ok, so I didn't really know what a suicide shifter was -- have to love Google. All I can say is I am grateful to live in the time of modern plumbing and a clutch operated by my trusty left hand. It's my left foot I don't trust! It always seems to find things to run into at night :D
T
lol... your killing me...

I talked with an old harley dude a few weeks back with a bike with the suicide shifter, and his comments was that he felt more in touch with the bike..

unlike you, I find mutt's trying to pull out in front of me at night.. twice now.. peep's are so in a hurry they are racing to go nowhere fast..

That and my stock mufflers aren't emitting enough sound to clue clowns that I'm on the side of them in traffic..
Getting real tired of this...

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
A quick update on the suicide shifter, Accutronix doesn't think there will be a market for it in the Fury community. Maybe if some interested customers would bug them about it, that may make them think a little harder :D

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
:) Here's some pics of the heal-toe shifter I made up so I can ride. E:\DCIM\100K6440\100_2755.JPG
You'll have to host that image before linking to it. In the advanced tab, click the manage attachments and then upload the picture ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts