Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all Furry fans and owners.....I was one of the first in Ontario(Canada) to get My Furry in Late 2009.
Metalic Black....I was a member here ...but due to work did not have time to ride ....was very active on this site for a few months ...
Just got back on and WOW ---the Mods are Crazy and this site members has grown.
I need your help :
this year I finally am going to have time to Ride and was thinking of these Mods please recommend if they are what everyone agrees and any suggestions or add ons will be appreciated:

Sumo FAT tire kit 250/260
Option 1: Fury Wheels – Shaved & Chromed
Fury Wheels – Shaved & Chromed | Phat Parts Outlet
they will also do it for the rear wheel to match

Option 2: RC Components Driffter

Need the Pros and cons

Cobra Speedster Swept Full System Exhaust - Honda Fury
Cobra Fi2000R Fuel Management System
Kuryakyn ISO Flame Grips -
Kuryuryakyn Flamin Pegs
Kuryakyn Footpeg Adapters
Arlen Ness Rad 2 Teardrop Micro Mirror - Left
Arlen Ness Rad 2 Teardrop Micro Mirror -
Hondaline Chopper Front Spoiler (Metallic Black) -
Hondaline L.E.D. Accent Lights -
- RAW Desgin:
Stealth, Run / Turn / Brake, Rear Light
Side Mount, 2 Position License Plate

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
Those are some nice Mods but your missing the T-Mod. I would swap out the Cobra swept pipes for some MFR customs. As for what is right and what is wrong, do what you see when you look at your bike.

If you are going to spend a fortune doing mods that other people want they will love your bike but you may not.

JMHO.

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
PNasty, you type too fast for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those are some nice Mods but your missing the T-Mod. I would swap out the Cobra swept pipes for some MFR customs. As for what is right and what is wrong, do what you see when you look at your bike.

If you are going to spend a fortune doing mods that other people want they will love your bike but you may not.

JMHO.
I did some research and looked at some pics before getting the list together...

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
exhaust i would look at MFR (not double walled or full heat shield so may Blu), sampson, bubbs, or roadburner. cobra is one of the quietest aftermarket pipes. Make sure you like the sound and the pipes are Double walled or full heat shield to keep them looking good

if your doing all the engine stuff at once id say PC-v instead of cobra if you have the extra money for dyno time. With FC's PC-V i think has shown better performance (Jimmy's Bike) but you cant really tune it on your own so its more expensive. If your doing everything at once and will need only one tune then its much more feasable but cobra you can DIY tune and slowly mod engine

id look at dlxproducts for Grips/Pegs also, they have cool designs. If you see 1" harley grips you like you can use them just grind the titty off the lower switch housings and they will work (plus you will have more room to move mirrors out wider giving better view) (Harley grips are narrower then Honda so all switch housings get pushed out wider which is why the nubs need ground off)

Make sure of the legality's for the raw taillight for your area, and side mount laws (you may need a light on side mount too if side mounts are legal) If you do go side mount a stationary is usually much cheaper so get one that works for your main area.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
what IM said: mfr pipes define what is 'sick'.
totally changes your bike's attitude to a full street muscle-rod looking machine. esp. with wrapped uppers.

·
Registered
145 Posts
To all Furry fans and owners.....I was one of the first in Ontario(Canada) to get My Furry in Late 2009.
Metalic Black....I was a member here ...but due to work did not have time to ride ....was very active on this site for a few months ...
Just got back on and WOW ---the Mods are Crazy and this site members has grown.
I need your help :
this year I finally am going to have time to Ride and was thinking of these Mods please recommend if they are what everyone agrees and any suggestions or add ons will be appreciated:

Sumo FAT tire kit 250/260
Option 1: Fury Wheels – Shaved & Chromed
Fury Wheels – Shaved & Chromed | Phat Parts Outlet
they will also do it for the rear wheel to match

Option 2: RC Components Driffter

Need the Pros and cons

Cobra Speedster Swept Full System Exhaust - Honda Fury
Cobra Fi2000R Fuel Management System
Kuryakyn ISO Flame Grips -
Kuryuryakyn Flamin Pegs
Arlen Ness Rad 2 Teardrop Micro Mirror - Left
Arlen Ness Rad 2 Teardrop Micro Mirror -
Hondaline Chopper Front Spoiler (Metallic Black) -
Hondaline L.E.D. Accent Lights -
- RAW Desgin:
Stealth, Run / Turn / Brake, Rear Light
Side Mount, 2 Position License Plate
Yo Oakville... Suddenly I'm not alone... you're almost in my backyard (LOL)...

So... If you go with the Sumo, the rim issue is moot... it just makes sense to go with their's & you can match the front with them.

If you don't, based on what I've seen 2NVbikes in Columbus Ohio is the best quality/price supplier... matter of fact, Diesel (Northern ON) and I may be doing the run down there this summer (bout 6 hours from TO) to change our OEM's out.

Gotta say, I'm a fan of the RC rims (tho' the Vegas are more my style) but I didn't want to go to a narrower rim in the rear... I'm still thinking about doing a chromed OEM in the rear and one of their Vegas on the front... 2NVbikes is one of their dealers, so I'd still be working with them...

I've had the Swepts and the Fi2000 on the bike since it was new. Had the baffles out then put them back in... The Swepts are loud enough that my wife hears me coming from a couple of blocks away... I don't need louder... plus... I just prefer a snarl to a roar. The Fi2000 works fine by me. Having said that, if you go PC, you're just around the corner from one of the best dyno/mechanic/technican guys I've run into (shop's in Oakville) north or south of the border.

I went with Avon Aircushion Grips... just preferred them in my hand (I don't wear gloves) over the Kury's... purely a personal choice there.

Last year I wasn't happy with the forward options so I rode with the Kury Stillettos... Kury pegs are great quality & stood up well (and I did scrape them a bunch of times)... This year... putting the +3's on... I really like the Supremes, but I've got to decide if they're worth that much more than the DLX's.

The Rad 2's... good looking but not very functional... a bunch of guys have gone with the 3's so that they get the look and the function...

Really like the look of the Raw lights... only... I've discovered since moving back here that car drivers in Ontario are blind!!! After being almost hit about 4x's (I'm a slow learner), I put KewlMetal Large LED Bullets on the back, kept the OEM brake & put a Cobra Lightbar on the front... Haven't had a problem since... Even tho' I'm looking to go with a 'gangster' style fender on the back, I'll be keeping the KewlMetals... but I would like to go with the LED strip for brake lights in the fender...

Good luck with the mods, bro... And if (when the damned snow melts) you want to do a ride, give me a blast... Hwy 81 thru Niagara wine Country is a fun run... and the winery option provides a nice break...

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
what IM said: mfr pipes define what is 'sick'.
totally changes your bike's attitude to a full street muscle-rod looking machine. esp. with wrapped uppers.
My bike is going to be finished with clean flair, not muscle. Because of that I wont own a set of MFR pipes unless he does a full heat shield or double wall running about 2 feet from the head. Not much looks better with black then chrome so I gotta have chrome pipes on the fury and with out shields or double wall it will blu

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
My bike is going to be finished with clean flair, not muscle. Because of that I wont own a set of MFR pipes unless he does a full heat shield or double wall running about 2 feet from the head. Not much looks better with black then chrome so I gotta have chrome pipes on the fury and with out shields or double wall it will blu
I have found a ceramic coater here in town, they do the pipes for V&H here in town also. I have a set just about ready to go there and get the internals ceramic coated, so far they have the best price I have found

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I have found a ceramic coater here in town, they do the pipes for V&H here in town also. I have a set just about ready to go there and get the internals ceramic coated, so far they have the best price I have found
dangit mike im trying to keep from spending more money on the bike. please dont keep me updated for the safety of my wallet.:eek:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts