Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently moved and this weekend I am going to pick up my fury at my old house, problem is I didn't measure how long it is total. I have to trailer it because I'm picking it up by myself and I want to make sure I get a long enough trailer. Can someone please measure theirs to give me the total length, all I can find is the wheel base. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
I have recently moved and this weekend I am going to pick up my fury at my old house, problem is I didn't measure how long it is total. I have to trailer it because I'm picking it up by myself and I want to make sure I get a long enough trailer. Can someone please measure theirs to give me the total length, all I can find is the wheel base. Thanks guys.
My fury fit comforably on a 10x6 trailer... it could fit on an 8 but I had 1foot of space from the rear tire to the back of the trailer.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Slowdown... Unfortunately I don't have the bike with me this morning, but if memory serves me correctly, it's 100.5" long.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My fury fit comforably on a 10x6 trailer... it could fit on an 8 but I had 1foot of space from the rear tire to the back of the trailer.
Thats kind of my choice I think, a 5X8 or 6X10....... 100.5 works out to be 8.4 ft so maybe I should just get the 6X10 to be safe.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Thats kind of my choice I think, a 5X8 or 6X10....... 100.5 works out to be 8.4 ft so maybe I should just get the 6X10 to be safe.
be safe get the 10... I love my 10 since I can mount my tool box and other necessities as well.

Where are u in ontario, I'm from Buffalo, are we close enough where I can bring mine for you?

·
Registered
145 Posts
A 6x10' trailer would be my choice... While you could probably get it in an 8, you'd have to go corner to corner which is a pain to position given that the Fury is not a lightweight bike. Good luck & make sure your straps are tight!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Honda lists the wheelbase but not the actual full length:

Dimensions
Wheelbase 71.24 inches
Seat Height 26.7 inches
Curb Weight 663 pounds

Of course that is from the center of the wheel so I'd definitely say another foot on each end would be necessary.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Honda lists the wheelbase but not the actual full length:

Dimensions
Wheelbase 71.24 inches
Seat Height 26.7 inches
Curb Weight 663 pounds

Of course that is from the center of the wheel so I'd definitely say another foot on each end would be necessary.
Its big enough that my s10 (regular bed) with tailgate down it fits diagonal and the wheel about 3" from the lip of the tailgate. But not accounting for tire size If its 71.2" front rim is 21, back is 18 so you have to add about another 20" (1/2 of each rim) just in rim length so your looking at about 92"+tire the 100" sounds about right

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Just make sur you got 9ft and you will be fine.
Hey,
Why not just ride it?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just make sur you got 9ft and you will be fine.
Hey,
Why not just ride it?
I got it home safe and sound, I couldn't ride it cause I drove 3 hours by myself to pick it up. The wind was crazy here and it rained hard the whole way there and back, thank god for the enclosed trailer.....BTW the 10 trailer was perfect!

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
I got it home safe and sound, I couldn't ride it cause I drove 3 hours by myself to pick it up. The wind was crazy here and it rained hard the whole way there and back, thank god for the enclosed trailer.....BTW the 10 trailer was perfect!
glad it worked out. did you rent a trailer and was it fitted for bike hauling? I was surprised to hear we have some Uhaul dealers in SoFla who offer bike-fitted trailers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts