Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATE:IF YOU USE THE VTX SPECIFIC KIT YOU WILL HAVE TO MODIFY THE FACTORY PLASTI-CHROME COVER (aft of the dip stick) FOR A PROPER FIT

I posted earlier about installing my kit and how much of a PITA it was. Well while my video review was uploading to Youtube i did some researching and discovered something that anyone considering this kit should know.

I assumed that since the FURY uses the VTX engine that the kit should be interchangeable, and i've also read about people doing so without a problem. Well unless there is a variation on some of the Fury's, then what i'm about to show you doesn't add up.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

(It looks like Kuryakyn just used the VTX pics for the Fury kit on thier website.)

You can see from the pics that to get the to VTX kury peice to fit you have to do some trimming.

Now i'm not saying that those people that have installed the VTX kit on their Fury's without a problem are wrong, it's just that on my bike, it didn't work out so well. Maybe there is a variation on our bikes. I know GM often does mid year variations that drive mechanics nuts!

In my You-tube clips you will hear me talk about having to use a grinder to get mine to fit. Well that's because the chrome Kury peice has to sit on top of the factory plasti-chrome cover.

I would really like to see a close-up pic where someone else has installed a VTX kit on a Fury where the problem area is.

Moral of the story; regardless of what you've heard, do your own research, especially before you take a cutting wheel and die grinder to your new parts.

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
that is the part I didn't think would fit at first because the left side covers are so different on the 2 engines. I went out and took the piece off both my bikes, here are the pics, the VTX part is on the bottom/left, the Fury on the top/right.

big differance in the edge, plus the Fury as you said has a piece of foam on the back side for it to set on top the cover.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Had no idea since I didn't have a VTX to compare it with. I simply bolted it on and didn't notice. I assumed it went on the outside. Didn't give me any trouble putting it on. I will take some more pictures when I get a chance and post them.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
I just put mine on today, and not knowing any better because of the little cushion pad and the contour matching the rear case it looked right to me, the one I believe could have been done alittle better was the right rear.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went ahead and cut my plasi-chrome peice to make everything fit properly. This pic where i had to cut it. Once i get the bike cleaned up (got caught in the rain) i'll get some good finished pics.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For those of you that said you had a peice of foam or a cushion, did you box say anything about being made for a fury?
Mine is for a VTX and didn't come with any kind of cushion. As you see in the pics above, the VTX specific kit fits behind the plasti-chrome cover not on it. The fury kit seems to be thinner so it can sit on top of the plasti-chrome. Hence the foam.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Would someone with the case covers installed on their Fury please post pics?...I'm curious to see what they do to the overall look of the bike.

If it's not too much to ask also, will you please take a pic of both the left and right side?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Would someone with the case covers installed on their Fury please post pics?...I'm curious to see what they do to the overall look of the bike.

If it's not too much to ask also, will you please take a pic of both the left and right side?

X2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Here's the only pics i have. It will look better once i paint the chrome covers under the seat matte silver,

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
Thanks for the pics!...looks good, kinda odd that they didn't cover all of the area aft of the rear cylinder huh?

I do like them and now I know what they look like...really debating these or painting the engine.
:rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts