Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after about 100 phone calls and emails. I've decided to just polish my wheels. No one local will chrome them. And just not too keen on sending them so far away to get them chromed. Hell it was hard Enough to get some one to polish them locally. I will post some pics when they are done. Should be some time next week.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Can you provide a close cost estimate? I tried to polish my hub and has turned out to be a pain, so I'm painting it. I'm looking at getting my rotors polished. I have tried it myself but apparently don't have the right tools of polish compound, just can't seem to get them to look right.

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can you provide a close cost estimate? I tried to polish my hub and has turned out to be a pain, so I'm painting it. I'm looking at getting my rotors polished. I have tried it myself but apparently don't have the right tools of polish compound, just can't seem to get them to look right.
It works out to about 1/2 the price. They have to polish them first any way when they chrome them.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
As I can tell from this vid (it's not a motorcycle rim, nor anything close... but, it shows the basic steps to get something polished)... basically it's grinding with a wire brush of some sorts and sanding... lot's o lot's of sanding, then the polish with a compound, then more polishing...

·
Super Moderator
6,290 Posts
I had the same problem here in Sydney. No one in Sydney would touch the wheels. I finally found one company in South Australia that would do the job. So I have to send the wheels interstate at some expense and pay AUD $600 per wheel to have them chromed.

I thought I might have to send them to across the world to California to get them done at one stage.

The response from most of the companies was "no way to many spokes or no way the rear is to wide". Basically they were just to lazy to do the work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.