Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bigjohn or anyone else can maybe help. I have polished my front forks and now looking to polish the rotors to go with my chrome wheels I'm getting next week. What compound should I start with or should it be sandpaper then compounds? I do have an Eastwood polishing kit that I used for the forks.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Yes, I would be interested in the same thing actually.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Rotors are SS and polishing SS is much more difficult then aluminum. Plan on sanding with 80 and 160 grit for a good amount of time and using a SS specific buffing compound with is more abrasive.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I did one side of my front rotor, it laughed at 80 grit. I started with about 60 grit to even start to smooth it out and then it is a lot more work to get a half decend shine, every step takes at least twice as long. For sake of cost, time, and sanity this is one I say spend the $ to have someone else do it... I am.

Here is the one side of mine that I did, turned out ok but there is a lot of work to get it this far...

Hey, to those who already have polished rotors...

Which company did you use and what was the price???

Thanks

·
Registered
791 Posts
looks good from here. go finer with the buff

·
Registered
791 Posts
I will send you mine give me a price$

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im getting my wheels at Bikes2nv in Columbus Oh on Tuesday. They do offer polished rotors and I think they were around 90 a piece I think. I may just go ahead and add those to the cost.

BigJohn - did you use any motorized help with the sanding or all by hand?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
It was all power sanding. The stainless that the rotors are made out of is way too hard to hand sand. I plan on getting my wheels from bikes2nv so I will just throw the rotors in too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts