1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'm glad I'm reading this I can't hear it my bike is too loud

·
Registered
291 Posts
When I bought my straddle liner a few years ago the guy said he had at least a dozen people come over and turn it down because it was too loud and it only has cobra long shots on it they're nothing like my other two bikes

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
The way people drive around here I want to be heard. Give me the rumble!!!!!

·
Registered
291 Posts
We need all the help to be seen we can I drive a truck for a living it's almost 80 feet long 105 thousand down and they pay absolutely no attention to it why would they care about a motorcycle

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
I notice the "Annoyed" is in the major urban centers.
I sat on the freeway one time and heard an approaching low rumble and then BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
I'm definitely annoyed by loud pipes.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Great poll, won't let me select anything. :/

It's a bit of a leading question, similar to A. Do you like lamb? or B. Would you eat a baby if you could?

Reminds me of CNN.
It seems like you have to stop blocking ads on that site in order to vote. I stopped blocking, voted then re-blocked them on that site. :D

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
My pipes (2 into 1 side burnners) are excessively loud but only when I want them to be. I can shift at a lot lower RPMs and the bike just rumbles nicely and I get no complaints from the neighbors but what I enjoy the most is, when some a**hole pulls out in front of me, cuts me off or isn't paying attention while talking on their cell phone I can pull up right next to them, drop it down a gear or two and make their lives miserable.....lol

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Bah, I messed up on my own joke question. Oh well, message got across anyway.
I birthed a dead baby when I read your response...hilarious!

Great – I want people to hear me before they see me.

Annoyed – You can make horsepower without being obnoxiously loud.

I'm still contemplating the relativety between the two statements, I believe the CNN response could be the answer.:grin:

·
Premium Member
2,787 Posts
I birthed a dead baby when I read your response...hilarious!

I'm still contemplating the relativety between the two statements, I believe the CNN response could be the answer.:grin:
A great example using their questions would be:

Annoyed – I don't care about your safety over my opinion on loud exhaust.

Or the other way,

Great – I want people to hear how much horsepower I have.

They used to teach how to make relatable statements and questions in college. But like many other things we used to be taught, it's ignored in today's American society. Of COURSE it's manipulation in the mass media's instance, but this just sounds poorly thought out.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts