Honda Fury Forums: banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Love loud pipes!!
The only exception to that is what I witnessed last week, where some guy was riding an over-priced Harley that was obnoxiously loud. I mean I've never heard anything even close to this loud. He must be getting pulled over by the cops everywhere he goes

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I like loud pipes. I'm still running stock but I have always thought it was too quiet and no real tone to enjoy
Hit up our North American friends for a stock US muffler. Most of our buddies will give it to you for the cost of postage. It's quite different to the AU/EU/UK one and it sounds much better. I have one and my dealer says my bike is the best sounding bike they have heard in 50 years (my spike air cleaner also helps).

·
Registered
2013 fury
27 Posts
I have a set.
I was thinking about getting straight pipes made up with bracket to hold the factory chrome cover so it still looked stock. I have been quoted $250au. How much would you want for your muffler and I have to work out postage costs so I can weigh up if it's worth it for me

·
Registered
2013 fury
27 Posts
Ok can you message me your address and I'll go find out what the freight will cost. I'll need you to weigh the muffler before I can find out because they go by weight

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I was thinking about getting straight pipes made up with bracket to hold the factory chrome cover so it still looked stock. I have been quoted $250au. How much would you want for your muffler and I have to work out postage costs so I can weigh up if it's worth it for me
Straight through pipes don't sound very good. You need some sort of baffle to take out the high frequencies. The great thing about the US muffler is that it has Honda stamped on it so if the cops pull you over and question your bike's noise you can say that it's a stock Honda muffler and point to the Honda stamp on the case. You just forget to say it's not a stock AU muffler.....LOL.

This happened to me during a random breath check one Saturday morning. They had two cops checking bikes after the breath test looking for defects so they could write you up. I got asked about my exhaust and I told them it's a stock Honda muffler and pointed to the stamp on the casing then the cop was a smart arse and bent down to see if he could see any baffles and he did, so he said it looks legit. The Harley guy in front of me was not so lucky.

·
Registered
2013 fury
27 Posts
My bike before was a track bike with a headlight and I had a gp 8" pipe on it. It was so loud it would hurt your ears if you didn't have them covered and I never got pulled over on it.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
My bike before was a track bike with a headlight and I had a gp 8" pipe on it. It was so loud it would hurt your ears if you didn't have them covered and I never got pulled over on it.
You were lucky. Don't try that in NSW, especially in Sydney. The cops are everywhere and they love giving bikers tickets. One of the cops favourite tricks is to set up by the side of popular motorcycle roads (places like the old Pacific hwy) and pull up every bike that goes past.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts