Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured this might be a fun topic, let's see what everyone does that isn't work on their bikes!

It can be threads from other forums, photos of what you just got done doing, etc. Build a bar? Post it up! Homemade pogo stick? Bring it on. Hot rods to mopeds? Go for it.

Just got done doing a short shifter kit with a SRT 10 Viper truck Hurst shifter in my Cummins. Designed a custom adapter to make it work. Have a read to kick it off if you're interested!

http://www.cumminsforum.com/#/topics/2139642?page=1&_k=bqbohk

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Other projects, well, I work on my Yamaha, but it is weather dependent also. So is the Mustang. I did just finish building my own computer. And my son has started playing with his own small forge, so we do that.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Other projects, well, I work on my Yamaha, but it is weather dependent also. So is the Mustang. I did just finish building my own computer. And my son has started playing with his own small forge, so we do that.
Right on my old man and I have built a few computers, he does all of his own tech stuff, a lot of which is even over my head. That forge is awesome!!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Right on my old man and I have built a few computers, he does all of his own tech stuff, a lot of which is even over my head. That forge is awesome!!
I was easier than I thought it would be. There is so much information out there anymore, and youtube videos! Got a $2500 system for around $1300. There is a website that helps with picking parts, making sure you have no conflicts. Was fun in the end, but it is huge! I didn't pay enough attention to the case size when I picked it lol!

That was like the third firing of it. He is already on to upgrades and plans, but a out of town trip for work slowed him down.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had this going on last week...the winter toy...wrecked into a tree at the end of last year. Had to replace control arms, rebuild shock, and I ended up putting a performance silencer in there while I was at it.

Broke her legs good...

The beast:

Ripping out and installing new can, re-doing all gaskets:

·
Registered
372 Posts
I'm in the middle of converting a Coke machine into a gun safe. Bought a non working one last weekend for $40 and cleaned out to insides within a few hours. Inside dimensions are 52h x 27w x 16d. Plus there's another 12 x 27 x 18 area below the former dispensing space. Auto carpeting the inside and putting in a shelving unit. Adding an extra slide lock to the inner door and vibration sensing alarm to ward off the amature criminals. Keeping the light on the front panel for show. Pics to follow.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in the middle of converting a Coke machine into a gun safe. Bought a non working one last weekend for $40 and cleaned out to insides within a few hours. Inside dimensions are 52h x 27w x 16d. Plus there's another 12 x 27 x 18 area below the former dispensing space. Auto carpeting the inside and putting in a shelving unit. Adding an extra slide lock to the inner door and vibration sensing alarm to ward off the amature criminals. Keeping the light on the front panel for show. Pics to follow.
1-Up yourself and have it still dispense beverages (maybe not soda...)! Keep it looking legit and would be criminals would walk right past it without giving it a second thought.:winetime:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Holy shit, that sounds awesome! Looking forward to the pics!

·
Registered
372 Posts
I thought about making little pics of my guns for the dispensing buttons but that would defeat the purpose of making it look like nothing but a coke machine.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Shown below is an adapter plate I made from billet 7075 Aluminium alloy to mount a '72 V6 Ford Capri motor to a '90 Land Rover 5-speed transmisson and Range Rover tranfer case. This drivetrain is mounted in my 1963 Land Rover. The modern RR transfercase single stick operating lever was converted to old Land Rover style 2 lever operation. That took quite some time and prototypes to figure it all out but looking from the cabin interior it all looks like it's 1963.
I do all my designing and fabricating. If I don't have the skills, I study and train.

Project is ready for Tech Inspection to make it all road-legal. After that there's a lot of cosmetics on the car that requires some attention.

The plan is to drive this for one year to work out all snags. Next year, take the '72 2.6L Ford out and replace with a fuel injected '92 4.0L for some real torque. Should be a straight swap except for wiring and exhaust system.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
This is a rock crawler that I built.Every winter I go over everything to make sure it's ready for the summer.
1976 Jeep CJ 7 - AMC 360 cu.in. - Howe Fuel Injection
5 point harness - Quadratec Deluxe Frame - 9000 # Warn Winch
43 TSL SX tires on Stazworks 17" double bead locks
Stretched out 93" to 110" wheel base - track of 82"
Drive slugs - full locked diffs. frt & rear
Disc brakes frt & rear - full hydro steering
Solid Axle Inner C's, outer knuckles & high steer arms.
4:88 gears - twin sticked Low Max 205 transfer (3-1 low range)
14 bolt rear - Dana 60 frt. chrome moly axles 35 spline in & out

Here is a video of the place I go to in Canada Morning Wood Off road Park

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
This is a rock crawler that I built.Every winter I go over everything to make sure it's ready for the summer.
1976 Jeep CJ 7 - AMC 360 cu.in.
Cool....was holding off posting pix of my hobby figuring nobody would understand .

Having no kids(or wanting them), the wife and I stay busy with our VINs.

Not a one left unmodified. Can't leave nothin alone...

As they say, you're always one car and one mod away from being DONE.

And we just added another Mustang to the stable.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Tony, I only have one Mustang but I luv playing with it. Building a supercharger for it now. Hope to have it on soon.
We've been waning to add a nice 65 mustang....but we're really picky on them. Mostly due to budget. We're getting older so "ground ups" are starting to turn us away....but "100% dones" are way overpriced to us....or they're some awful outdated color!

Yours looks like it's pretty serious

·
Premium Member
13,430 Posts
Mustang

We've been waning to add a nice 65 mustang....but we're really picky on them. Mostly due to budget. We're getting older so "ground ups" are starting to turn us away....but "100% dones" are way overpriced to us....or they're some awful outdated color!

Yours looks like it's pretty serious
I have a friend with a 66 conv if you like them. Yea, mine is a right serious strait 6.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Shown below is an adapter plate I made from billet 7075 Aluminium alloy to mount a '72 V6 Ford Capri motor to a '90 Land Rover 5-speed transmisson and Range Rover tranfer case. This drivetrain is mounted in my 1963 Land Rover. The modern RR transfercase single stick operating lever was converted to old Land Rover style 2 lever operation. That took quite some time and prototypes to figure it all out but looking from the cabin interior it all looks like it's 1963.
I do all my designing and fabricating. If I don't have the skills, I study and train.

Project is ready for Tech Inspection to make it all road-legal. After that there's a lot of cosmetics on the car that requires some attention.

The plan is to drive this for one year to work out all snags. Next year, take the '72 2.6L Ford out and replace with a fuel injected '92 4.0L for some real torque. Should be a straight swap except for wiring and exhaust system.
Very nice! As for your fuelie swap, the wiring is the part that would scare me away. O2 sensors, computer, etc. It sure can be done, do you have a whole donor vehicle?

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Very nice! As for your fuelie swap, the wiring is the part that would scare me away. O2 sensors, computer, etc. It sure can be done, do you have a whole donor vehicle?
Yeah, I 've got a complete stick-shift Explorer waiting for the transplant. Manual Explorers are really rare here in Europe so when I found one only 4 hours away I had to have it. Needed manual for the ECU to run properly with the Land Rover LT77 5-speed. Present engine is in the truck since 1980. Present transmission since last year.
It's like they say "It's 90 % finished, so I'm half way there" :grin:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Yeah, I 've got a complete stick-shift Explorer waiting for the transplant. Manual Explorers are really rare here in Europe so when I found one only 4 hours away I had to have it. Needed manual for the ECU to run properly with the Land Rover LT77 5-speed. Present engine is in the truck since 1980. Present transmission since last year.
It's like they say "It's 90 % finished, so I'm half way there" :grin:
A manual Explorer is a good find. I would say they were never terribly common over here either.

Based on the way you go about your work, I am sure there is a lot of planning going on, and when done it will very professional.

1 - 20 of 254 Posts