Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for those painters out there and people with powdercoating experince but how much would or should it cost to powdercoat an engine??? Today i was talking and a guy said they have to take the engine apart and would cost about 5G's, but i really dont know how reliable he is as a source so figured i would open it up to the forum b/c i know there are some pretty smart guys are here with experience.

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
This is for those painters out there and people with powdercoating experince but how much would or should it cost to powdercoat an engine??? Today i was talking and a guy said they have to take the engine apart and would cost about 5G's, but i really dont know how reliable he is as a source so figured i would open it up to the forum b/c i know there are some pretty smart guys are here with experience.
That is at least what I would charge. Take engine out, disassemble, remove all bearings etc., mask off, blast, powdercoat, reassemble with new bearings, gaskets, rings etc., reinstall motor. Just paint it.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
check out big hitters post on painting the engine. he posted a very detailed response to me awhile back.. i think its under the DIY area. good luck. im doing mine this winter.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey clueless thanks man. I have read the write up multiple time and thought about just painting it, but now im thinking about jsut going with the chrome look. Im truely undecided but since i cant afford to powdercoat it i may jsut chrome everything. But thanks for the info, much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
No problem, I was going to black out my engine, but now think the silver looks better with a lite colored engine. I have read alot of posts on the VTXOA they most say it takes about 20 hrs of work, and most also say that they wouldn't do it again.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No problem, I was going to black out my engine, but now think the silver looks better with a lite colored engine. I have read alot of posts on the VTXOA they most say it takes about 20 hrs of work, and most also say that they wouldn't do it again.
Sweet, well thank clueless, i realy appreciate it... I think it would look badass, but not quite forsure if its worth the work

1 - 7 of 7 Posts