Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new fury and installed cobra sweep pipes and cobra powerflo air intake and a power commander. At 5000 rpm engine wants to cut out and power commander has no mapping for that intake. Does anyone have that mapping out there.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I have a new fury and installed cobra sweep pipes and cobra powerflo air intake and a power commander. At 5000 rpm engine wants to cut out and power commander has no mapping for that intake. Does anyone have that mapping out there.
incriment the fuel up a few percent for the cobra swept pipes, should buy you some time for more mods or send it to a dyno shop, should only take about an hour. You have a little extra air getting forced into the engine so need to offset it with fuel

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Are you running baffles? Just go on power commander's website and download one of the other maps that match your setup closly and you should be fine.

Try the Samson Warlord II - Hell Raisers Thunder Tornado air cleaner kit or the Bub Jug Huggers exhaust Thunder Tornado air cleaner kit maps

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Or...........save yourself a lot of hassle and expense; install a Cobra fuel-controller, set it at 1-2-2, and ride happily away. No maps, no dyno's, no expensive shop time.

Cheers

·
Registered
41 Posts
Or...........save yourself a lot of hassle and expense; install a Cobra fuel-controller, set it at 1-2-2, and ride happily away. No maps, no dyno's, no expensive shop time.

Cheers

do you happen to know the setting for the morton inferno pipes? lol

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
do you happen to know the setting for the morton inferno pipes? lol
I have the Morton Inferno's, Spike Air Intake and use 1-2-2, that's pretty much the concensus on where to at least begin, you can easily adjust from there if need be.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Since you already spent that much dough just spend another 200 and get the Autotune installed then you never need to mess with maps and Dyno runs.You bike will create its own map as you ride.:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for answer on autotuner. I was looking into that avenue and was wondering if that would solve the problem. I would it would be benefical for any other mods that I do. I was kinda scared to have it dyno tested since I only have 50 miles on her.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the Morton Inferno's, Spike Air Intake and use 1-2-2, that's pretty much the concensus on where to at least begin, you can easily adjust from there if need be.
thanks KIOWA...my next install will be a twisted spike air cleaner. we will pretty much matching bikes by then lol....dont powder coat your wheels cuz i dont want em to be too close lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the reply in which broaden my knowlegde. I never had a bike rev limiter before and I think thats what was happening. It ran balls to wall on the street but when I had it hooked to lap top and was cracking the throttle it would cut out. I appreciate all the help.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
thanks KIOWA...my next install will be a twisted spike air cleaner. we will pretty much matching bikes by then lol....dont powder coat your wheels cuz i dont want em to be too close lol
lol, well I do plan on doing something one of these days with the rims, was planning on powder coating them, wrapping the exhaust and wanted to black out the engine and put +3 forwards on it, maybe one of these days....maybe not lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts