Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have the PCV and installed/dyno tuned. Just got mine in and installed with the stock setup map. Wondering if anyone else has one and with what setup, hopefully we can post maps if anyone has available. Also has anyone tried to connect the VSS? I found the wire on the bike but trying to get it into the little holes on the PCV is a real pain in the ass, anyone have success with this?

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
VSS

Anyone have the PCV and installed/dyno tuned. Just got mine in and installed with the stock setup map. Wondering if anyone else has one and with what setup, hopefully we can post maps if anyone has available. Also has anyone tried to connect the VSS? I found the wire on the bike but trying to get it into the little holes on the PCV is a real pain in the ass, anyone have success with this?
Does the vss wire need to be hooked up . Dosent really say in the instructions . Also anyone with the maps yet , thanks

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
PCV? The VSS? A little help for the clueless, please.
Thanks
T

·
Registered
12 Posts
How do you disconnect the vss?I figure you cut it from the plug behind the rh mudflap,or do you splice into it with another wire leaving everything connected as is?

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
There was a guy in the other day who had one put on at a diff shop that has a dyno, he asked me why it had a hookup for the speed sensor, and said the dyno guy just tied it up out of the way, not using it. I THOUGHT, but I can not find it now, that the PC5 could manipulate the speed pulse going to the ECU, and increase your top end past the 100 mph,
I do know if you don't have the VSS plugged in, your speedo will not work.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The pcv cannot change the vss pulse to the ecu or manipulate in any way. The pcv can tap onto the signal and is calibrated from the factory based on speed and rpm to know which gear it is in. The only benefit by hooking it up is to be able to have different maps for the different gears. I spliced into the wire at the ecu right behind the fuse box.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I didn't connect the VSS as it appeared that was for use with the Dyno Jet air shifter. The dyno shop I used didn't indicate it was needed as I only plugged into the injector harness and tapped the throttle position sensor.

If I can figure how to pull the map out of the PC5 without losing the data from the dyno shop I will post the modified map.

Bike made 60HP and 75 ft lbs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts