Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and am looking at maybe buying a Fury or Sabre. Right now I have a 05-1200 sportster custom which I will be selling. What I would like to know is how do the engines compare? I know I could look at some numbers but I would rather hear from someone who has experience driving both bikes. I know the powerbands are different, but how do they feel compared to each other? I have intake and pipes added to the Sporty and would do the same mods to the Honda.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and am looking at maybe buying a Fury or Sabre. Right now I have a 05-1200 sportster custom which I will be selling. What I would like to know is how do the engines compare? I know I could look at some numbers but I would rather hear from someone who has experience driving both bikes. I know the powerbands are different, but how do they feel compared to each other? I have intake and pipes added to the Sporty and would do the same mods to the Honda.
I would recommend checking out the Honda Fury FAQ in this section.
http://www.furyforums.com/forum/honda-fury-general-discussion/3566-honda-fury-faq.html

Going from a 1200 Sportster to the Fury, you may want to know that the Fury has an electronic rev/speed limiter.
100 MPH max..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Read the Fury FAQ's and the 100 mph limiter does not bother me, I've only gone 95 on the Sporty. Really what I'm asking is it less or more powerful than my 1200? I'm not into racing or canyon carving just cruising. The Sporty has plenty of power for me, I just would rather not have less power than what I have now.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
It is not what my Ninja was. That being said, it pulls pretty darn good. I would be surprised if a Sporty was as strong as our Fury. But I don't know it as fact.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Read the Fury FAQ's and the 100 mph limiter does not bother me, I've only gone 95 on the Sporty. Really what I'm asking is it less or more powerful than my 1200? I'm not into racing or canyon carving just cruising. The Sporty has plenty of power for me, I just would rather not have less power than what I have now.
Well I ride with a buddy with a H-D FXSTD Deuce and we pulled off the line evenly, until after 3rd gear when he pulled away.. Wasn't looking at the speed..

You do the math..
Spec breakdown:

2005 H-D 1200 Sportster (R and C)
The XL Evolution 1200 engine delivers 70 hp and 79 ft. lbs. of torque
Non-fuel injected

2010 Honda Fury (1312cc)
The 1312cc V-Twin 52-degree V angle and single-pin crankshaft delivers 59 hp and 71 ft-lbs of torque
Fuel injected

·
Registered
889 Posts
If you don't want to step down from what you already have, then Do NOT get the Fury. It has about 30 less horsepower than the Sportster 1200. I've owned (and loved) them both and trust me, the Fury feels like a moped compared to the sporty. I absolutely HATE to say it, but it's true. Honda has more potential for power with the bigger displacement but they really dropped the ball on performance.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I cant compare to a Sporty, but my neighbor has an 03 heritage softail. When we... um uh... expieriment with acceleration, I win.

·
Banned
622 Posts
with the mods i have ... and some tweeks ive done here and there i can hand with a stock busa.... but once i hit the limit he walks.... the fury has alot of unleashed power and not alot of people are doing anything other than bolt ons.... in december when warranty is gone i plane on having this sucker ported and polished bigger pistons ... basically gone completly thru and a small 1 stage put on her... then to the dyno i go...ame has told me they should get my motor to around 86hp 91 92 lbs.... but wont know till they do there magic....for the money its worth it....

·
Registered
829 Posts
with the mods i have ... and some tweeks ive done here and there i can hand with a stock busa.... but once i hit the limit he walks.... the fury has alot of unleashed power and not alot of people are doing anything other than bolt ons.... in december when warranty is gone i plane on having this sucker ported and polished bigger pistons ... basically gone completly thru and a small 1 stage put on her... then to the dyno i go...ame has told me they should get my motor to around 86hp 91 92 lbs.... but wont know till they do there magic....for the money its worth it....
The most we have seen so far is 74hsp, so if you get higher let us know. For 86hsp, I would be willing to pay some $.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Either one of them is fast enough to get you thrown in jail in the right(wrong)place. Never drove the Sportster but this bike is fast enough to scare the hell of a lot of the sport bikes for about an 1/8 of a mile. If you want a comfortable cruiser that goes as fast as you want to cruise with power leftover, then the Fury will do what you want and look good doing it.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Either one of them is fast enough to get you thrown in jail in the right(wrong)place. Never drove the Sportster but this bike is fast enough to scare the hell of a lot of the sport bikes for about an 1/8 of a mile. If you want a comfortable cruiser that goes as fast as you want to cruise with power leftover, then the Fury will do what you want and look good doing it.
What sport bikes are you going up against? If it's bigger than a ninja 250, you're not even gonna stay close for a second on a Fury!

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
What sport bikes are you going up against? If it's bigger than a ninja 250, you're not even gonna stay close for a second on a Fury!
That's what I was wondering. Either his Fury has a jet engine, or he's racing some rather small sport bikes.

·
Registered
85 Posts
That's what I was wondering. Either his Fury has a jet engine, or he's racing some rather small sport bikes.
After coming from a Yamaha FJR1300 to this bike, I'm confident that the Fury will hang with for ~ 1/8 of a mile then the FJR will zoom past it. Before the FJR I had VTX1800C from 2003 to 2008 when I bought the FJR. Is it a sporty, no, but pretty damn close for what it does.

·
Registered
889 Posts
After coming from a Yamaha FJR1300 to this bike, I'm confident that the Fury will hang with for ~ 1/8 of a mile then the FJR will zoom past it. Before the FJR I had VTX1800C from 2003 to 2008 when I bought the FJR. Is it a sporty, no, but pretty damn close for what it does.
And that's where we have a misunderstanding. An FJR 1300 can not even come close to what a 600cc sportbike will do. Period.

·
Registered
85 Posts
And that's where we have a misunderstanding. An FJR 1300 can not even come close to what a 600cc sportbike will do. Period.
Amazing isn't it. Read post 8 from this very thread. His Fury can hang with a Busa, what makes you think that a 600cc is that much faster than the FJR1300. 1/4 mile times are pretty close aren't they. Hey I'm here to learn also. Tell me something I don't know.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Port, polish etc. Get 200 HP and 200 Lb/ft out of her....unless you can reprogram that chip, you're gonna hit the rev limit and the top end at about 100. You will get there really really fast...but then nada.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts