Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Painter or anyone else know the PPG paint code for the blue fury color or maybe the code they need to mix the paint? I'm working on painting something and need an exact match on it. I'll post some pics when it's done. :D

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
Brillo,

The Blue is a tri-coat. Silver base coat / Blue Candy and then a clear coat. PPG has not formulated this yet. I am still experimenting but have not come up with an exact match. Colorrite.com is the only paint for the blue that I have found so far. :rolleyes:

The silver is matched and I am within a 1/2 step of getting the red and will have it in the next couple of weeks. :)

I'm pretty sure that the matte silver is the silver base with the matte clear. I've shot a little of this and it is almost a dead ringer.

Colorrite is pretty pricey!!! :eek: and the spray can's don't match exactly. For an exact match I think you would have to go with colorrite paint and take the paint to a shop to shoot. :eek: Controlled conditions are critical on candies.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brillo,

The Blue is a tri-coat. Silver base coat / Blue Candy and then a clear coat. PPG has not formulated this yet. I am still experimenting but have not come up with an exact match. Colorrite.com is the only paint for the blue that I have found so far. :rolleyes:

The silver is matched and I am within a 1/2 step of getting the red and will have it in the next couple of weeks. :)

I'm pretty sure that the matte silver is the silver base with the matte clear. I've shot a little of this and it is almost a dead ringer.

Colorrite is pretty pricey!!! :eek: and the spray can's don't match exactly. For an exact match I think you would have to go with colorrite paint and take the paint to a shop to shoot. :eek: Controlled conditions are critical on candies.
Thanks for the update Painter, I figured there may not be a match yet except for Colorwrong, I have used it before and it is way overpriced to say the least. I have painted for quit a few years and know it makes a big difference on gun pressure, spray pattern ect to get paint to match especially with metalics and candies. I may have to get the Colorwrong and take it out of the spray can and spray it with my HVLP gun before I buy a damn quart of the stuff.

I thought someone said that the blue was the same blue that was on some of the other earlier Honda bikes? I sure would have thought that PPG would have matched those by now? Has anyone tried taking a part to PPG to have them do a scan on one to try to match it? BTW you do some nice work. :)

Brillo

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
Thanks for the update Painter, I figured there may not be a match yet except for Colorwrong, I have used it before and it is way overpriced to say the least. I have painted for quit a few years and know it makes a big difference on gun pressure, spray pattern ect to get paint to match especially with metalics and candies. I may have to get the Colorwrong and take it out of the spray can and spray it with my HVLP gun before I buy a damn quart of the stuff.

I thought someone said that the blue was the same blue that was on some of the other earlier Honda bikes? I sure would have thought that PPG would have matched those by now? Has anyone tried taking a part to PPG to have them do a scan on one to try to match it? BTW you do some nice work. :)

Brillo
YEP...Done that and the paint is not a match at all. Scanning Candies will give you the color but not the 'candy' :( I am working on all colors right now and will eventually get a code. But it will take awhile.

PPG, Dupont , etc. -- concentrate on Automotive colors first. Bikes are an afterthought! :confused: I have almost all the House Of Kolor candies in stock and I hope that I can mix to match. However....that doesn't help cause there would be no code! :(

I have a fender or a tank from every Fury color. PPG I helping me with the matches but they do not spray! I have to take a sample to my shop (I have a small heated paint storage area to test in) , shoot a small panel and compare. It's a tedious process. Colorrite does the same thing but have a jump on the industry as they supply the touchup , hence the high price. :eek:

Now, I'm sure you know being a painter, even with a perfect matched paint, humidy, heat, spray conditions and the like will affect the outcome. EXACT matches are virtually impossible. But I try to get a match close enough that the eye cannot tell the difference. :rolleyes:

The Blue is going to be tougher than the other BC/CC colors. :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts